Thread: Partnerof NZ-er work visa - Police cert

Question Partnerof NZ-er work visa - Police cert

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked. My NZ partner lived in the uk from 2013-2017. Does he need a uk police clearance if we're just applying for a 12-month work visa for me? The ones i read are all regarding partner resident visa.

I've been in NZ for close to 2 years now if that matters

Thank you all!
    Last edited by charcharbinks; 3rd December 2019 at 09:41 AM.

For a temporary visa application (e.g. a Work Visa), your partner must meet the character requirements as set out in E7.45. If there is an indication that your partner may not meet these character requirements, an immigration officer may obtain a New Zealand police certificate on behalf of your supporting partner, and may also request your partner provide a UK police certificate.

It appears, from reading E7.45 carefully, that there is no need for your partner to provide a police certificate in support of a temporary visa, unless and until INZ specifically requests one.

Note that, if you later apply for a Resident Visa based on your partnership, police certificates will be required at that stage. See R5.95 for the character requirements for your partner when applying for a Resident Visa.

Looking at the INZ factsheet here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...lders#criteria, under the heading of Your partner's character, it has this.
    Your partner must meet our good character requirements or be granted a character waiver. We may ask your partner to provide a police certificate from any country they have spent 12 months or more in over the last 10 years. This applies whether the time was spent in one or more visits.
    So, as you see, they CAN ask for a police certificate, but they won't necessarily do so.

you are both legends jandm and Kelerei thank you so much!!!
    Last edited by charcharbinks; 3rd December 2019 at 02:37 PM.