Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MBIE response for prioritization of SMC application

Default MBIE response for prioritization of SMC application

we have a reposne from MBIE for prioritization of SMC applications and a couple of other questions

https://fyi.org.nz/request/11454/res...828%200001.pdf

Here it is mentioned that job offer from accredited employer can be prioritized. So why did they decline our request?

Only god knows how INZ works and decide what needs to be done in the current times

I am planning to send an email to them attaching this document , I am sure they cant say MBIE is giving us false info.
    @Erin please advise what do I do?
    Last edited by squishmaster; 5th December 2019 at 12:20 PM.

This sounds, to me, like a scenario where escalating via the INZ complaints procedure would be the correct thing to do -- and if (or once!) that gets nowhere, you would have enough grounds to approach the ombudsman yourself.

The alternative approach is to get in touch with Erin, so that she can use your case to add to her own pending ombudsman complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by satty02 View Post
    we have a reposne from MBIE for prioritization of SMC applications and a couple of other questions

Hi Satty,

Would you mind if I use your response and clarify this with the INZ?
    My request for EVE on the basis of working with an Accredited Employer and holding a Work to Residence Visa (Accredited Employer) has been rejected yesterday. The immigration manager has quoted that they no longer use this to give priority allocation.
    Thanks in advance.

It depends on how you interpret the letter.

It gives the order for allocation, not the grounds for prioritisation.

Even if you are working for Accredited Employer, your application might just be a little ahead in the que, Nowhere in the letter it is mentioned that you are eligible for prioritisation if you work for an accredited employer.

I wish they accepted EVE request for working with Accredited Employer, as I would be eligible, but that would be unfair to the thousands of others who are eligible and waiting in the Que since December.

I have sent this on to Emma at INZ. She rejected my escalation request earlier in the week so lets see what she makes of this:

Hi Emma

I've now been sent the the below information to me regarding this e-mail including the original response from Daniel. In that e-mail he has clearly segregated Talent visas from job offers or skilled employment with accredited employers which has led to this belief that this is not only applicable to those applying for talent residence visas.

image.png

I have now also seen that today a freedom of information requests has been released by Nicola Hogg, I've taken and excerpt and highlighted the relevant passage that says this is not only for accredited employer residence from work category as per your e-mail:

image.png

I appreciate this may not fall under EVEscalations and should fall under standard prioritisation process but I'm now sceptical from your response that this is indeed being actioned as is being communicated officially.

Let us know if she responds as she has replied to us after rejecting our applications.

I don't think any of the managers will reply to your emails as it is written on there website.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast