Thread: Parent residency visa news

Default Parent residency visa news

INZ suppose to make an announcement on parent category EOI applications in Nov. Does any one know what is expected or if they made any recent announcements on this?

You've obviously been living under a rock -- the changes were indeed announced (in early October), and to say they were controversial is perhaps one of the understatements of the year!

Here's the ENZ thread on those changes.

Oh, sorry, I see you were already aware of that, and you were actually asking about EOIs for the Parent Category re-opening!

All I can see is what INZ has put on the Parent Resident Visa factsheet: EOIs open in February 2020, and the first draw from the pool will be in May 2020. The operational manual has yet to be updated; presumably, this will happen by February 2020.

I am aware of those new rules but on the website it says INZ will.contact all people who submitted EOI by NOV either you eligible to new criteria or not, they will.have new form available for this purpose. Anything regards to that? Any news?

INZ's announcements are posted here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...-notifications, so this is the space to watch.

@perry1234 - Yeah they haven't announced the details yet. We got email saying "Sorry there is delay in announcing the new details but will be announced in Jan'20" So hopefully, once the details are out we can make decisions and update to EOI. We are getting these emails on the email address we provided in the EOI Application so make sure you check yours.