Thread: Permanent Residency Visa Application Questions

Default Permanent Residency Visa Application Questions

Hello All,

I m about to apply for my permanent resident visa but wanted to check below the lines which are in the form as below :-

convicted of an offence (including a traffic offence), committed within the last five years, involving dangerous driving, including drunk driving (driving with a blood or breath alcohol content in excess of a specified limit) or driving having consumed drugs?

charged with, convicted of or investigated for any offences committed (including traffic or driving offences) since being granted New Zealand residence, or while on a temporary visa or when unlawfully in New Zealand?

I have got a speeding ticket for driving excess of 5km above the limit and also for driving in bus lane in Auckland CBD but these both were by the camera so just checking if these should be mentioned in the application or not and also as I do not remember the dates would it be a issue.

Also should I say yes to both the points or no.

Thanks
    Omi

Yes, just mention that you received and paid infringement notices for both offences.

Everything will be fine.

Matters dealt with automatically when you're caught on an official camera, or at the roadside by a police officer, aren't "offences". It's only an offence, in official terms, if you've been convicted in court. Therefore, you have the right to answer 'no', and/but for the sake of showing complete frankness, many people choose to state what they have had, saying, "Paid infringements only."

As above, they are not convictions and so you would answer "no" to the questions. I would recommend for your peace of mind in the text box below the questions state that you have received infringements for speeding and driving in the bus lane and paid them.