Thread: Partnership Visa - Arranged Marriage - Status

Default Partnership Visa - Arranged Marriage - Status

hi all,

Is anyone awaiting your partner's visa and on hold because of whats going on in this arrnaged marriage confusions?!

I heard there were few applications rejected even after goverment announced the temporary solution and also INZ had emailed 800 people whose visa were rejected and asked them to apply again..

Among all these, anyone's visa currently with CO have any updates?. Keep it posted here.

Looks like things are moving again. Our PVV application is in Mumbai branch - my partner and my self were interviewed over the phone on Monday 9th December by our CO. I have also seen post on FB where some partners of work visa holder received either GVV or PWV in the last few days.

I'm one of those 800 people. Applied for culturally arranged marriage visa on November 2018 and got declined on May 2019 on the basis that they don't believe the arrangement was done by a 3rd party.
    They said all we provided them was just letters from the parents. Lol. Didn't know what else they were expecting, a video recording of the whole process?

Anyway, got the invitation email last week and since I already have most of the evidence, I just added the most recent ones. I submitted the email with all attachments just yesterday.

The automated reply mentioned that they are expecting to finish the application within 25 working days because there's a dedicated team processing those applications.

Well, here we go again. Not sure if we will get a positive decision this time but we are now officially married and spent a couple of vacations in two different countries so far.

Fingers crossed.

May I know When exactly did u apply please? Were you newly married and lived together before? Which FB group can i follow to know more uptodate messages?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishant07 View Post
    Looks like things are moving again. Our PVV application is in Mumbai branch - my partner and my self were interviewed over the phone on Monday 9th December by our CO. I have also seen post on FB where some partners of work visa holder received either GVV or PWV in the last few days.

Quote Originally Posted by cricfor View Post
    May I know When exactly did u apply please? Were you newly married and lived together before? Which FB group can i follow to know more uptodate messages?
    We sent application on 18th March 2019, CO Allocated at the end of Sep 19. Newly married but haven't lived together before.

On behalf of a friend: I have some questions regarding the culturally arranged marriage visa. I would be so grateful for any insight/clarification

1. Does this visa “replace” all those complicated general visit visa and partner visas issues where a couple had an arranged marriage back in their home country and cant/arent living together due to work etc?

2. At time of applying and while being processed does the couple have to be living together?

3. What kind of evidence, apart from the ones listed on the INZ website would be a good idea to provide? Would it be suitable to provide somewhat similar evidence as for a partner visa to show that the couple is married and in a genuine relationship after the marriage?

4. Has anyone applied for this visa before the amendments to it and how did you go about doing it? What sort of evidence was useful

Thank you in advance

Here are the main INZ pages related to this matter.
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#46505.htm
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria

1. It looks as if that is correct.

2. No, not necessarily. This visa can apply to various situations. See the Criteria tab on the factsheet. If the marriage has taken place overseas and the NZ-based partner has had to get back (maybe for work reasons), in that case, it would be good to provide evidence of the wedding, and of how the couple are keeping in touch while separated. But it can be for the foreign partner to enter NZ and for the wedding to take place there.

3. People have mentioned on threads that the CO required evidence of how the wedding was arranged - that is, they needed for it to be shown who the other parties were who made the connection.

all are for Citizen or Resident visa holders only but no clarity on Work / Temporary Visa Holders.

Hi JandM, wanted to update you my wife got general visitor visa for 6 months . We had applied for partnership visitor visa and they converted it to general visitor as we did not meet living together criteria under partnership visa.. I had asked you few questions in one of the other thread, thought will update you. Thanks for all your help and patience. Its been an interesting 9 months. Happy to answer any questions for others

Excellent news. Congratulations!