Thread: Proof of genuine intentions to visit New Zealand

Default Proof of genuine intentions to visit New Zealand

Hi I've been checking the forum for visitor visa issues and couldn't find anything related to my sister's scenario. If there is, could you please point me to the thread.

My sister has visited Europe with a Schengen visa, and has visited the US with a 10-year multiple entry visitor visa. Yet, INZ keeps rejecting her visitor visa application (twice now).

I would like to ask: what are the proof that INZ requires to prove that she has genuine intentions to visit New Zealand. She has already submitted financially capability, and evidence of stable work

On her next (3rd) visitor visa application, I will tell her to include medical records, police records, evidence of visas and visits to other countries, certifications from her company, return ticket -- I'm really at a loss what INZ is looking for.

What evidences does INZ need in order to convince them that she will only be here to visit her brother's family?

Thank you in advance for any advise or guidance.

Oliver

What is your sister's nationality?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    What is your sister's nationality?
    She is Filipino. Philippines is not in the list of visa-waiver countries, so she has to go through the visa application process.

Then it is strange, what has happened to her. Nationals of some countries routinely have more difficulty, if their homeland is suspected of involvement in human rights violations or supporting terrorism, but I wouldn't think The Philippines is one such.

Before she wastes any more money, you should get your sister to ask for her full client file from INZ (https://www.immigration.govt.nz/cont...st-information), and review it carefully. You should get it within a month, and there might be something on the file which will give you an idea as to why her applications are being declined, which will help you to be more convincing in the next application. Applications from the Philippines are definitely treated cautiously by INZ, especially if it is a single female applicant.

Agree with @DownSouth regarding the part to request for the client file.

That’s where I would start as well.

I suppose the Immigration Officer said that they are not convinced that your sister has genuine intentions to visit NZ in a refusal letter. Maybe share that bit here too if that’s ok with you.

Why would INZ treat a Filipina’s application cautiously though? I have guesses but I want to know more from you
    Last edited by allune; 23rd December 2019 at 12:45 AM.