Thread: Should I Stay or Should I Go

Default Should I Stay or Should I Go

Hi, Emigration Fam!

I applied for a Partenership of a Kiwi Work Visa on the 9th of August 2019, after coming over on a 3 month visitors visa to accumulate evidence. I am currently on a 6 month interim visa, which will expire on the 9th of February. Our case hasn’t been assigned a case officer, so my partner and I are a bit stressed about whether or not our application will be processed in time.

We have been thinking about going to South Africa (where I am from, and where my partner has his dual citizenship from) for 2 months on a long holiday from Feb to April, while we wait for an outcome on my application.

My question is: will this affect my application in anyway? We will have to leave our flat, and keep our stuff at his parents house until we get back and stay with his parents until we get a place again. How soon after my application is approved will we have to return to NZ?

I know that many people have mentioned the same problem, that interim visas were coming to an end when they hadn't had any response about their application within the six months' validity. When interim visas were first introduced, this situation had not been envisaged, and was never supposed to happen. Some people have written to INZ pointing out their situation, which was difficult BECAUSE of INZ's own delays, and have found that their case was quickly taken up and dealt with.

See here https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...rs-with-delays where this situation came into public knowledge.

In your place, I would press INZ for THEM to give YOU a solution. If you remove yourselves from the country voluntarily, your case stops being so urgent.