Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Partnership Visa Help

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    There's only two options that come to my mind (and neither of them may be suitable or even feasible for you). The first is that your partner obtains a job offer in your city, then applies for a new Work Visa based on that job offer (care needs to be taken though that your partner is always covered by a valid Work Visa). The second is that your partner is granted a Resident Visa in his/her own right (e.g. SMC -- I see you're already on the Residence from Work pathway), which gives your partner total freedom, but the processing times are totally ridiculous at the moment.

This is a scenario where I would strongly urge you to find a good LIA -- a good LIA will know what the best option for you and your partner are. The very best ones don't come cheap, but the cost of getting this wrong could be far higher.
    Thanks Kelerei,

What you're suggesting is very logical and most probably that's what I will do.

Cheers.

Be careful before you spend a lot of money. I am sorry that this will sound pessimistic, but consider that even the best LIA cannot tailor-make a way to get a visa in a situation where the applicant's personal life now and/or past history does not fit the requirements for any visa on the INZ books. (This 'there isn't a visa' applies to me, too.)

Agreed. The reason I suggested this is that, if a LIA advises that there is no realistic chance of obtaining a visa now, they may be able to suggest what can be done in order to have a realistic chance of obtaining the desired visa in future. I'm willing to bet that it will still end up being "one of you has to start looking for a job in the other's location", though.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Be careful before you spend a lot of money. I am sorry that this will sound pessimistic, but consider that even the best LIA cannot tailor-make a way to get a visa in a situation where the applicant's personal life now and/or past history does not fit the requirements for any visa on the INZ books. (This 'there isn't a visa' applies to me, too.)
    Thanks JandM,
    It's not pessimistic at all rather pragmatic to make me aware of the reality as desperate people often fall victim to dodgy LIA's.
    I will keep trying to find a way to make this unfortunate situation better.
    Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12