Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa - timeline anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Most recent RFW (Accredited Employer) application I represented took 2.5 months from lodgement for a decision - but that was in September 2019 and timeframes may have changed since then. INZ website says it's currently taking 5 months.
    Interesting.. I have a friend who applied in September, but hasn't got a response yet.

his friend, who applied in October, had his residency approved in December. So... kinda weird... I thought there was a queue to be followed or something... lol

But yeah, I know people who got their residency within 6 weeks, another in 1 month.. and another who's been waiting for 3 months and nothing.. so it is quite a mystery how INZ works really
    Last edited by lpossamai; 21st January 2020 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lpossamai View Post
    Interesting.. I have a friend who applied in September, but hasn't got a response yet.

his friend, who applied in October, had his residency approved in December. So... kinda weird... I thought there was a queue to be followed or something... lol

But yeah, I know people who got their residency within 6 weeks, another in 1 month.. and another who's been waiting for 3 months and nothing.. so it is quite a mystery how INZ works really
    It's entirely possible that the application that hasn't had a response requires some additional checking and verification (e.g. the dreaded National Security Check, health concerns, etc.). Every application is different; some will definitely take longer than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    It's entirely possible that the application that hasn't had a response requires some additional checking and verification (e.g. the dreaded National Security Check, health concerns, etc.). Every application is different; some will definitely take longer than others.
    Sorry but I find that difficult to believe. I know a person who applied for the Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa and got approved in two weeks. This person had partner and two kids.

So, processing the application for 4 people took INZ only two weeks, while my friend has been waiting for > 3 months, and they don't have kids . How come it was that fast? Same nationality, and same job role. Also, he earns < $90K so not PR.

Sorry but I find that difficult to believe. I know a person who applied for the Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa and got approved in two weeks. This person had partner and two kids.

So, processing the application for 4 people took INZ only two weeks, while my friend has been waiting for > 3 months, and they don't have kids . How come it was that fast? Same nationality, and same job role. Also, he earns < $90K so not PR.
    Did he need to complete a National Security Check form? Not a police check, but another form entirely. Its for people who've lived in or are from certain countries (China is one, Russia another, not sure of others) That's my issue. I lived in China for 5 years, and my partner is a Chinese citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterbrian View Post
    Did he need to complete a National Security Check form? Not a police check, but another form entirely. Its for people who've lived in or are from certain countries (China is one, Russia another, not sure of others) That's my issue. I lived in China for 5 years, and my partner is a Chinese citizen.
    Nope... none of them had to do that!

The difference in people's backgrounds, qualifications and work experience are enough to cause differences in processing times. COs have to check with third parties about each piece of evidence submitted, e.g. education provider, did Mr Applicant attend your establishment between these dates, and get the qualification he says? and past employer, did Mr Applicant work for your business between these dates, carrying out these responsibilities and earning this salary? If any one of these third parties does not respond promptly, this delays the processing of the whole case - the CO cannot just ignore the unticked box, but has to wait for a reply. The more pieces of evidence supplied, the more chance there is that there will be a holdup somewhere, due to a respondent who's gone on a month's holiday, or changed their contact details, etc., etc..

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The difference in people's backgrounds, qualifications and work experience are enough to cause differences in processing times. COs have to check with third parties about each piece of evidence submitted, e.g. education provider, did Mr Applicant attend your establishment between these dates, and get the qualification he says? and past employer, did Mr Applicant work for your business between these dates, carrying out these responsibilities and earning this salary? If any one of these third parties does not respond promptly, this delays the processing of the whole case - the CO cannot just ignore the unticked box, but has to wait for a reply. The more pieces of evidence supplied, the more chance there is that there will be a holdup somewhere, due to a respondent who's gone on a month's holiday, or changed their contact details, etc., etc..
    Well... I do believe that's the case for the SMC program. But those checks do not apply for the Talent Residency Visa... or at least it shouldn't!

When submitting a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa application, INZ asks for very few things:

- NZ Police check
    - Home country police check\
    - Medical exams for main applicant and partner
    - IRD summary to check its earnings (gotta be over $55K since applied before October 7th)
    - ID (check passports)
    - Partner english (IELTS, etc)
    - Proof you're still employed with an Accredited Employer (usually a letter from the company is enough)

Apart from that, there is no other check. It is different from the SMC residency application.

It is important to note that the person who got the residency approved within 2 weeks, works at the same company as my friend who's been waiting for > 3 months.

Anyway... it's just weird that some take 2 weeks, others 6 weeks, and others 5 months!

I know each application is different... and there are things to consider.

But one application takes 2 weeks, and another one > 3 months? if there was something missing, they'd have contacted my friend already. So it looks like they haven't even started it.

Not to mentioned his friend, that works at the same place, that applied after him and got the residency visa first. Wasn't supposed to be a queue?

I know each application is different... and there are things to consider.

But one application takes 2 weeks, and another one > 3 months? if there was something missing, they'd have contacted my friend already. So it looks like they haven't even started it.

Not to mentioned his friend, that works at the same place, that applied after him and got the residency visa first. Wasn't supposed to be a queue?
    Has he actually called Immigration NZ yet? It may be that him politely bringing up that its taken 3 months (while his colleague took 2 weeks) may give them a nudge? I know that one of my colleagues gave Immigration NZ (they hadn't been assigned a Case Officer, instead they just called the general phone line) a nudge a couple of months ago and had their application approved not long after.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    JandM, I usually bow down to your knowledge on immigration matters, but surely most of the above only applies to the SMC rather than the Talent Accredited Residence visa?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast