Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa - timeline anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterbrian View Post
    Has he actually called Immigration NZ yet? It may be that him politely bringing up that its taken 3 months (while his colleague took 2 weeks) may give them a nudge? I know that one of my colleagues gave Immigration NZ (they hadn't been assigned a Case Officer, instead they just called the general phone line) a nudge a couple of months ago and had their application approved not long after.
    Four times!

Even on that list given above of "very few things", there are plenty of potential individual differences, and information which has to come from sources not INZ or the applicant. My point is that it can sometimes be a temptation to allot blame when feeling tense and anxious, but the real situation can actually just be the grinding of the bureaucratic machine.

There can be upheavals in the running as INZ switch work around their branches and departments if there is some spare capacity (going on experience from before their recent upheavals). For instance...https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...332#post558332

so... just to give you guys an update on my friend's status.

His Residence visa just got approved. Applied on October 24th 2019.
    Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa - and he doesn't earn > $90K, so NO PR.

Quote Originally Posted by lpossamai View Post
    so... just to give you guys an update on my friend's status.

His Residence visa just got approved. Applied on October 24th 2019.
    Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa - and he doesn't earn > $90K, so NO PR.
    Nice! And thanks for updating us; helps me with my own timeline tracking.
    Just to confirm, your friend had a partner but no kids on the application, right? And do you know if he was notified of getting a Case Officer assigned before the application was approved, or did he just all of a sudden get an email saying that it was approved?

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterbrian View Post
    Nice! And thanks for updating us; helps me with my own timeline tracking.
    Just to confirm, your friend had a partner but no kids on the application, right? And do you know if he was notified of getting a Case Officer assigned before the application was approved, or did he just all of a sudden get an email saying that it was approved?
    No worries!

Yes, he has a partner but no kids. He did get an email from the Case officer, and like... 3 days later he got the visa. So once you get the email from the case officer, it is very fast.

Cheers!

He did get an email from the Case officer, and like... 3 days later he got the visa. So once you get the email from the case officer, it is very fast.
    Once HE got the email from the CO, things went very fast FOR HIM.

Remember, all cases are processed individually, which means that one person's own circumstances may not match with yours, and what happens to THEM won't necessarily happen to YOU.

Just updating here that I got a CO assigned today. Talent (Accredited Employer) Residence Visa. It will likely take a long time for my visa to be approved as I need a National Security Check, but just thought I'd provide timelines to help others:

Nov 11th: Application Submitted
    Nov 22nd: Application Accepted, NSC forms sent to my address to fill out
    Nov 26th: NSC forms submitted
    Feb 3rd: CO assigned

In her email to me, the CO advised "Please also note that as part of submitting the National Security Check (NSC), there is no guaranteed time frame in which this will be completed. However, upon receipt of a response for this, we will then be able to proceed with your application accordingly"

So yeah, my (low) expectations haven't changed much, but sharing this here as it aligns with other timeframes I've seen elsewhere of it taking around 2.5 months or so to go from Application Accepted to CO assigned.

Could anyone please advise if I'm meant to send in my original passport or a certified copy of the passport with the Resident visa application and supporting documents. Do I staple supporting documents together by type before bundling? e.g. medical docs, proof of income, employment offer/letter of employment, etc.

This is the first time I'm sending paper application; previous temporary work visa applications were submitted online.

For proof of identity, I'm to submit:
    2 acceptable photos if you use a paper application form or 1 photo if you apply online Do I affix it them to the application? Staples?
    a current passport or certificate of identity original or certified?
    an original or certified copy of your full birth certificate when you apply for residence.

Quote Originally Posted by lilswtangel View Post
    Could anyone please advise if I'm meant to send in my original passport or a certified copy of the passport with the Resident visa application and supporting documents. Do I staple supporting documents together by type before bundling? e.g. medical docs, proof of income, employment offer/letter of employment, etc.

This is the first time I'm sending paper application; previous temporary work visa applications were submitted online.

For proof of identity, I'm to submit:
    2 acceptable photos if you use a paper application form or 1 photo if you apply online Do I affix it them to the application? Staples?
    a current passport or certificate of identity original or certified?
    an original or certified copy of your full birth certificate when you apply for residence.
    I was able to find answer to my question re certified vs original passport in INZ1002 Residence Guide. However, how are the visa photos attached to the application?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast