Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa - timeline anyone?

There is no harm in asking if the CO thinks your residence will be through in time, otherwise you will have to apply for another temporary visa to keep you legal.

Quote Originally Posted by ml12791 View Post
    Lodgement Date: 4 Nov 2019
    CO asked for further evidences: 29 January 2020
    Submitted all evidences: 5 February 2020

No updates yet until now. Visa running out end of April. Checking the timelines in INZ site - RFW for Talent is 5 months for 90% of applications.
    Should I follow up with my CO now?

Thanks.
    JandM is correct. No harm in emailing CO at your situation as you genuinely given enough time for him to respond.

Email CO asking if everything you provided is sufficient enough or he needs more evidence/documents. Don't ask when he can give your Visa and it will feel like you rushing for it
    Most likely your file have gone to the bottom on his ticket queue and unless he crossed your last email by accident or he got an SLA trigger (I'm assuming) for your ticket, he won't look at it.

So it's a good way of emailing him and do a quick followup. If no response received for next 2-3 weeks, give him a phone call if you have his number and check for the same.

Good luck and please keep us posted!
    Last edited by glamour; 12th March 2020 at 09:41 AM.

I submitted 4th of march and got lodged and applicantion received email on the 11th of March. My original documents have been sent back to me today. Called INZ and was told I am in the normal queue not the priority one. Freaked out, is this not the queue with SMCs from Dec 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by dorkike145 View Post
    I submitted 4th of march and got lodged and applicantion received email on the 11th of March. My original documents have been sent back to me today. Called INZ and was told I am in the normal queue not the priority one. Freaked out, is this not the queue with SMCs from Dec 2018?
    Unfortunately, that's exactly which queue you're in...

Is there any other person here who's in the same situation as me - currently pending result of Talent Resident Visa for almost 5 months already?
    Are you able to share your experience and if your case officers have provided updates on yours? I know it's a case to case basis and with what's happening nowadays but just unusual that it's taking this long without any word.

If they need more information, I'm under the assumption that it's their responsibility to contact me immediately so that I have more time to provide the docs before my visa runs out? Do they have an internal SLA on these things? I know most will have the same sentiments and are feeling anxious but just for my peace of mind and some others' that are in the same situation.

I wish everyone well in this time of uncertainty.

You will need to apply for another temporary visa if your residence visa is not going to be processed in time, so that INZ can issue an Interim visa to keep you legally in NZ while processing continues (which they can't do for any kind of residence visa). https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...t/interim-visa The CO will not alert you - it's up to you to take action if you get to with a short time of expiry of your present visa.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You will need to apply for another temporary visa if your residence visa is not going to be processed in time, so that INZ can issue an Interim visa to keep you legally in NZ while processing continues (which they can't do for any kind of residence visa). https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...t/interim-visa The CO will not alert you - it's up to you to take action if you get to with a short time of expiry of your present visa.
    Hello,

Just checking around this as my turn will come next year and I'm not expect it to be processed within 6 months. So just asking in advance:

Can the next temporary visa be Talent Accredited one? Or should be some other work visa?

Will applying for other work visa other than the Talent one terminate the right to apply for the resident visa?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralAK View Post
    Can the next temporary visa be Talent Accredited one? Or should be some other work visa?
    You can apply for a subsequent Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa if you have an application for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa in progress. Some of the usual criteria is waived in this instance: in particular, if you applied for the original Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa back when the lower base salary requirement was in place (it changed around October 2019 if my memory serves me correctly), you will not be expected to meet the current (higher) base salary requirement in order to obtain a subsequent Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa. See WR1.30.1.

Will applying for other work visa other than the Talent one terminate the right to apply for the resident visa?
    One cannot apply for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa without holding a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa (see RW2), so this will depend on whether you still hold a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa at the time you apply for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    You can apply for a subsequent Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa if you have an application for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa in progress. Some of the usual criteria is waived in this instance: in particular, if you applied for the original Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa back when the lower base salary requirement was in place (it changed around October 2019 if my memory serves me correctly), you will not be expected to meet the current (higher) base salary requirement in order to obtain a subsequent Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa. See WR1.30.1.

One cannot apply for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa without holding a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa (see RW2), so this will depend on whether you still hold a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa at the time you apply for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa.
    Thank you Kelerei.

Can I assume that my wife and sons also have to apply the temp visas based on my TA work visa too? Currently my wife is on Partner of worker work visa, my first son on children of worker visitor, and my little one still have no visa but can stay as he's born here (he cannot re-enter the country on his current state but we cannot go out anyway)

Can I assume that my wife and sons also have to apply the temp visas based on my TA work visa too? Currently my wife is on Partner of worker work visa, my first son on children of worker visitor, and my little one still have no visa but can stay as he's born here (he cannot re-enter the country on his current state but we cannot go out anyway)
    Yes, this applies to anyone holding a temporary entry class visa while a residence class visa application is in progress. Just like you, if your partner and children's temporary entry class visas will expire before a decision is made on the residence class visa application, they must apply for further temporary entry class visas or leave the country. INZ states this themselves, in no uncertain terms, on their knowledge base -- see here.

Regarding your infant: the temporary entry class visa that your infant was deemed to hold at birth will expire when the visa of the parent whose temporary visa had the longest unexpired period at the time of birth expires (see A17.5), so your infant may also need a further temporary entry class visa. You can confirm your infant's current immigration status by means of sending a completed INZ 1137 form with supporting evidence to INZ (there's no charge for this) if you haven't already done so. Don't forget that you'll need to include your infant on the Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa application. Just be careful that you don't let your infant be in New Zealand unlawfully, because this will result in all sorts of complications.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 6th May 2021 at 05:21 PM. Reason: I am stupid and put in wrong links

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast