Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa - timeline anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Yes, this applies to anyone holding a temporary entry class visa while a residence class visa application is in progress. Just like you, if your partner and children's temporary entry class visas will expire before a decision is made on the residence class visa application, they must apply for further temporary entry class visas or leave the country. INZ states this themselves, in no uncertain terms, on their knowledge base -- see here.

Regarding your infant: the temporary entry class visa that your infant was deemed to hold at birth will expire when the visa of the parent whose temporary visa had the longest unexpired period at the time of birth expires (see A17.5), so your infant may also need a further temporary entry class visa. You can confirm your infant's current immigration status by means of sending a completed INZ 1137 form with supporting evidence to INZ (there's no charge for this) if you haven't already done so. Don't forget that you'll need to include your infant on the Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa application. Just be careful that you don't let your infant be in New Zealand unlawfully, because this will result in all sorts of complications.

Thank you again. And, yes, I've done INZ1137 for my baby since the first month after his birth. I'll make sure I include him on my resident visa and also applying for his visitor visa along with my next work visa.

Quote Originally Posted by lpossamai View Post

When submitting a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa application, INZ asks for very few things:

- NZ Police check
    - Home country police check\
    - Medical exams for main applicant and partner
    - IRD summary to check its earnings (gotta be over $55K since applied before October 7th)
    - ID (check passports)
    - Partner english (IELTS, etc)
    - Proof you're still employed with an Accredited Employer (usually a letter from the company is enough)

Hello all, I've been reading through this thread and wanted to query this list. I am eligible to submit my application on for the Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa at the end of July. I have already obtained pretty much every document I need (just waiting for one in the post), but I wouldn't have thought I'd need a police clearance check from NZ? Is the above list correct? I figured, if required, they could check their own system to see I don't have a criminal record here. But do I actually need to get a NZ police clearance cert?
    Also, the proof I'm still employed by an accredited employer - they have a copy of my contract from my application for my Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa, and it's a permanent role, do I still need to get a letter from my employer to say I still work there?

Any update from anyone else on timelines recently? There hasn't been much of an update on that on this thread since March of last year. The estimated time on the INZ website for this visa recently increased from 10 to 13 months. Has this been peoples' experience?
    Last edited by Sparklersjo; 8th May 2021 at 01:08 PM.

From today's announcement, looks like I cannot renew my TA work visa and have to go with the new one

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklersjo View Post
    Hello all, I've been reading through this thread and wanted to query this list. I am eligible to submit my application on for the Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa at the end of July. I have already obtained pretty much every document I need (just waiting for one in the post), but I wouldn't have thought I'd need a police clearance check from NZ? Is the above list correct? I figured, if required, they could check their own system to see I don't have a criminal record here. But do I actually need to get a NZ police clearance cert?
    Also, the proof I'm still employed by an accredited employer - they have a copy of my contract from my application for my Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa, and it's a permanent role, do I still need to get a letter from my employer to say I still work there?

Any update from anyone else on timelines recently? There hasn't been much of an update on that on this thread since March of last year. The estimated time on the INZ website for this visa recently increased from 10 to 13 months. Has this been peoples' experience?
    I checked from here: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ficates/slider

And looks like NZ police certificate is not needed. INZ will request it on our behalf.

I have already obtained pretty much every document I need (just waiting for one in the post), but I wouldn't have thought I'd need a police clearance check from NZ? Is the above list correct? I figured, if required, they could check their own system to see I don't have a criminal record here. But do I actually need to get a NZ police clearance cert?
    INZ will submit a vetting request to the NZ Police Vetting Service as part of your visa application if required, and the result will be provided directly to INZ.

You will have to provide foreign police certificates yourself, from all your countries of citizenship and any country you have lived in for 12 months or more (whether on one visit or intermittently) in the last 10 years. These police certificates must be newer than 6 months old as of the date you make your application. See A5.5 and A5.10.

The requirements that you must meet are at RW2, and evidence you must include is documented at RW2.10. Note that you must satisfy INZ that your employment meets the requirements set out at RW2.5.

Residence from Work and the Skilled Migrant Category are in the same processing queue, so pop over the SMC threads to get an idea. Spoiler alert: it will be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralAK View Post
    From today's announcement, looks like I cannot renew my TA work visa and have to go with the new one
    Are we still not allowed tp reapply under WR1.30.1?

Are we still not allowed tp reapply under WR1.30.1?
    Interesting. I'll wait and see what others will do it. My work visa will expire next July so looks like I have some time to research. Thank you.

immigration.govt.nz says:

Transitioning to the new accreditation system
    The following employer policies are closing to new and renewing applications on 30 June 2021:

Accredited Employer (Talent – Accredited Employer)
    Labour Hire Accreditation (Essential Skills)
    Approval in Principle (Essential Skills) – this does not include approval in principle for other policies including AIP for foreign crew of fishing vessels.
    If employers want to be able to use these statuses up to 1 November 2021, they should apply by 30 June 2021 and consider the processing timeframes.

Interesting. I'll wait and see what others will do it. My work visa will expire next July so looks like I have some time to research. Thank you.
    Mine expires the end of Jan...I don't know how far in advance you can apply for the renewal. If INZ closes renewal applications on 30th June, can we apply on 29th June...

I might try ring INZ this week to get some answers around renewals.

immigration.govt.nz says:

Transitioning to the new accreditation system
    The following employer policies are closing to new and renewing applications on 30 June 2021:

Accredited Employer (Talent – Accredited Employer)
    Labour Hire Accreditation (Essential Skills)
    Approval in Principle (Essential Skills) – this does not include approval in principle for other policies including AIP for foreign crew of fishing vessels.
    If employers want to be able to use these statuses up to 1 November 2021, they should apply by 30 June 2021 and consider the processing timeframes.

This is entirely to do with employers, and has absolutely nothing to do with visa applicants. No announcement has yet been made concerning visa applicants; as such, it is not possible to draw any definite conclusion concerning visa applicants, and it would be foolish to do so at this juncture.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast