Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa - timeline anyone?

Default Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa - timeline anyone?

Hi guys!

Has anyone recently (2019-2020) applied for the Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa and could share timelines?

Cheers!

I don't know anyone who has taken this route recently, but I do have a close friend who will be eligible to apply for this in October. (Pretty much his only pathway to residency, as he and his family don't meet the SMC points threshold.)

I still have 23 months to go. Keep following.

2 work colleagues of mine recently got granted Talent (Accredited Employer) Residence visas within 2.5 months. Applied roughly end of September 2019, granted in roughly mid December 2019. Both are single.

I applied mid November, but unfortunately both my partner and I have lived in a country (China) that necessitates us having a National Security Check. I've been informed that because of this, my own application could take anywhere between 6 months to 12 months to possibly more.

So I'm strapping myself in to having to apply for another work visa before my current Talent (Accredited Employer) work visa expires in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterbrian View Post
    2 work colleagues of mine recently got granted Talent (Accredited Employer) Residence visas within 2.5 months. Applied roughly end of September 2019, granted in roughly mid December 2019. Both are single.

I applied mid November, but unfortunately both my partner and I have lived in a country (China) that necessitates us having a National Security Check. I've been informed that because of this, my own application could take anywhere between 6 months to 12 months to possibly more.

So I'm strapping myself in to having to apply for another work visa before my current Talent (Accredited Employer) work visa expires in April.
    Interesting... And did they get the Permanent Residency directly for being paid +$90K pa?

Quote Originally Posted by lpossamai View Post
    Interesting... And did they get the Permanent Residency directly for being paid +$90K pa?
    Unfortunately, this remains the great unknown for me. Neither of those colleagues earned over the $90k threshold. I do; and am also somewhat uncertain as to whether I'll get PR straight away. The wording on the Immigration website is frustratingly ambiguous with its "we may grant you a permanent resident visa"

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterbrian View Post
    Unfortunately, this remains the great unknown for me. Neither of those colleagues earned over the $90k threshold. I do; and am also somewhat uncertain as to whether I'll get PR straight away. The wording on the Immigration website is frustratingly ambiguous with its "we may grant you a permanent resident visa"
    If this helps, the criteria to get a Permanent Resident Visa directly (if applying for the Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa) is listed at RW2.1 in the ops manual.

You must:

• meet all the requirements to be granted a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa (RW2); and
    • at the time of your application for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa, have employment in New Zealand with a minimum base salary of NZ$90,000; and
    • have made the application for the associated Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Visa before 7 October 2019.

If you do not meet the requirements to get a Permanent Resident Visa this way, but you are granted a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa, you will instead need to meet the criteria as laid out in RV2.5 to be granted a Permanent Resident Visa -- this takes a minimum of 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    If this helps, the criteria to get a Permanent Resident Visa directly (if applying for the Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa) is listed at RW2.1 in the ops manual.

You must:

• meet all the requirements to be granted a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa (RW2); and
    • at the time of your application for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa, have employment in New Zealand with a minimum base salary of NZ$90,000; and
    • have made the application for the associated Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Visa before 7 October 2019.

If you do not meet the requirements to get a Permanent Resident Visa this way, but you are granted a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa, you will instead need to meet the criteria as laid out in RV2.5 to be granted a Permanent Resident Visa -- this takes a minimum of 2 years.
    Yup... I do know one or two people that applied for the Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa earning more than $90K, and they did get the PR. So you basically don't need to do anything when applying for Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post

You must:

Thanks for the information. I get what you're saying; for me the ambiguity lies in their use of the word "may" rather than "will", implying that there is likely some subjectivity too. "...we may grant you a permanent resident visa"

Most recent RFW (Accredited Employer) application I represented took 2.5 months from lodgement for a decision - but that was in September 2019 and timeframes may have changed since then. INZ website says it's currently taking 5 months.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast