Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Stop Thread for questions related to "Culturally Arranged Marriage Visitor Visa"

Quote Originally Posted by newarrival View Post
    'Type of Partnership – Long story short, for the purpose of this visa, consider it a “Culturally arranged marriage”, as I don’t have much evidence of the moments we have spent together.'

Aren't there specific requirements for that type of visa?
    Hi newarrival (yet a senior member :P),

There are specific requirements like:
    1. Should get married within 3 months of getting the CAMVV in NZ or overseas.
    2. Should apply for CAMVV within (after) getting married overseas.
    3. Should prove that the marriage indeed is arranged by someone other than me or my partner (like a family member or a matchmaker) and follow an identified cultural tradition.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NZ029 View Post
    Hi newarrival (yet a senior member :P),

There are specific requirements like:
    1. Should get married within 3 months of getting the CAMVV in NZ or overseas.
    2. Should apply for CAMVV within (after) getting married overseas.
    3. Should prove that the marriage indeed is arranged by someone other than me or my partner (like a family member or a matchmaker) and follow an identified cultural tradition.

Thanks
    That was exactly my point.., in the very first post it only says 'for the purpose etc'....
    Calling it an arranged marriage is not quite enough if you can't fulfill the other requirements.

1. It depends on whether or not your marriage IS a culturally arranged marriage and you can provide proof of that, as mentioned on the factsheet I linked to above.
    2. Does the court marriage have the same legal status in your country of origin as the ceremony? Which one officially counts as "the marriage"?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    2. Does the court marriage have the same legal status in your country of origin as the ceremony? Which one officially counts as "the marriage"?
    In Nepal, marriages involve cultural ceremony. Ceremonies can be few hours in a temple or extended day program, however basics remain same. For official purpose, the couple need to register their marriage in a local government office. Alternatively, someone may choose not to have a cultural ceremony. They can register their marriage in a government office with witnesses (in general called a court marriage).
    Once registered, it becomes legally binding relationship.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12