Thread: Visitor Visa to NzETA Question

Default Visitor Visa to NzETA Question

Hi.

I am from the USA and was on a 9 month Visitor Visa (not partnership just regular visitor visa). I used it to visit my husband (a New Zealand Citizen) back and forth over last year and it expired in November 2019. I applied for a Partnership Visa (when I got back to the states) and am waiting for its allocation but in the meantime I applied for a NzETA so that I can visit him shortly. The NzETA was issued in December 2019 but I am wondering if I will be stopped from entering New Zealand as I spent 9 months on and off visiting him last year and the NzETA says you can't visit more than 6 months in a 12 month period [before applying for a visa]. I do hold a round trip ticket.

I have messaged immigration twice, once in early December with no response, and just last week, again with no response. I know they are behind with the new structure taking place but I am worried I will be stopped from entering and would like to know before getting to the airport in about a week...

Would anyone in this forum have any info for me?

Thank you!

Ella

What matters is not when the last visa expired, but when and for how long you were in the country.

See the first paragraph here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/know...-question-3816