Thread: Hello everyone

Default Hello everyone

I got residency in 2018 on partnership and we got separated after sometime and I apply for America tourist visa same year and it got declined , US visa officer asked me how and when I got residency (I told her my ex was nz citizen . It create doubt in her mind , getting separate after residency) and she declined my US visa by saying it's not been long I got nz residency and gave me yellow color paper, not strong ties in home country ..

So now i am going to apply for PR Soon, I m worried if declined usa visitor visa , will be any issue on PR application .

Thanx )

I wouldn't have thought it would be an issue - the declined visa was for a different country.

Immigration authorities do ask about applicants' records with other countries. If there has been a refusal, it depends what the reason for it was (i.e. was it procedural, or was it some fault of the applicant's), whether it makes a difference or not. See, for example, A5.45 a. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#43627.htm

thanx for reply guys.\

I am nz resident and I think my US visitor visa declined on procedural basis, as she said, its not being long I granted nz residency and I don't have much strong ties with the countries atm to come back.

but within in these two years (2018-2020) I never left new Zealand and doing 40 hours (full time permanent) as a tradesman painter and pay like 20k tax in these two years and paying kiwi saver as well.

Istime spend in nz, tax and kiwi saver will help or a positive sign to my PR application even I got separated from my partner and USA visitor visa got declined in same year I got NZ residency (2018) ?

See here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria for the requirements for PR. As I've answered you before elsewhere, your partnership had to be proved to INZ's satisfaction BEFORE they granted you Residence. The Residence, once granted, is yours, not dependent on anyone or any situation after that.

I m filling PRV application , on partnership status , we are separated. So I will tick seprated( even we not divorced yet)

Is your partner a nz citizen . Yes, she nz citizen but we are married but separated. So I tick Yes , No or not applicable?

Do you live with your partner . No or not applicable ??

Thanx
    Last edited by luckylovemom; 22nd January 2020 at 02:26 PM.

Then , do u live with your partner . No or not applicable?

She still be called as my partner on PRV application form ? Even we not together any more (we went through court n all that ) but not yet divorced ??