Thread: Visa escalation

Default Visa escalation

Hey!
    I am currently waiting on my residency application to be approved.. I’m a massage therapist and I’m unfortunately suffering with Repetitive Strain Injury.. I have been to see a Physio, completed all the exercises I was advised but they have said without a break from massage or cutting down to part time hours it’s not likely to repair.. do you think this would be a case that immigration might escalate my application please?? If they were to escalate it would they use my RSI against me and decline if they think I will not continue working In My skill after approval?? I don’t want to jeopardise my application but I’m also in a lot of pain, so not sure what to do??

Will your employer give you sick leave? If you go on sick leave, you still count as employed as per the terms of your contract.

No I can’t take long term sick leave, they would have to replace me..

Hi Claire,
    I wouldn’t want to upset the process either...... To give yourself the best chance:
    * You should also see an Osteopath. They will check structural movement particularly Lunate/Capitate which get stuck easily in this repetitive position they will also check neck, scapula/thoracic and elbow. Increase fluid dynamics for speedy healing and a reduction in inflammation and congestion in an already congested area.
    * Use ice packs for 5 mins at a time when sore, allowing the area to warm between applications, encouraging vasoconstriction and dilation to remove waste products of inflammation.
    * Only use elbows and forearms whilst massaging large areas (back,arms,legs) for the moment.
    When having to use hands - reinforce thumbs and wrists. Adapt your technique for your injury the same way as you would adapt your technique if the client had a particular injury.
    * Massage from your core, knees bent with a Thai chi style flow. The power is from your core and legs not your wrists or thumbs.
    * If you have access to homeopathy, take Rhus Tox and Ruta Grav 30c to start.
    Good Luck with it all. Focus on your healing and not INZ (easier said than done). 💚
    Last edited by Tweedie515; 20th January 2020 at 01:08 AM.

Hope you get well soon. INZ has been very choosy about approving escalations and you can explain them your condition but not expect much out of them . Dealing with INZ regarding our SMC application (9 months ago) has only brought me stress and nothing else.
    I 'd focus on healing in this case.

Thank you! Fingers crossed I can work through it until approval..