Thread: Essential skills visa moving from a company to another,end of visa .

Default Essential skills visa moving from a company to another,end of visa .

Hi everyone, I would like to know ,what’s happen when you apply for the essential skills visa but still don’t work for them , I mean what’s happen during the time that we have to wait for the answer from INZ and before the interim visa , are we allowed to work for the company, are allowed to the leave for few months??? Thanks

you cant work for the company you applying if the visa or interim has not been issued to you.

And i think only open visa or if you are applying a second visa with the same company then they might issue interim.
    They don't issue interim visa for you to work at a new company.
    I could be wrong please check with the pro

Interim Visas are only issued if the previous temporary class visa (in this case, the current Work Visa) will expire before a decision is reached on the new class visa (your new Work Visa). See I1.5.

As for working for your new company: check the conditions on your current Work Visa. Most categories of Work Visa will have conditions stating that you may only work for a certain employer, in a certain position, and/or in a certain location -- if this applies to you, you can only work for your new employer once your Work Visa has matching conditions. Categories that I know this is applied to is Essential Skills, Talent (Accredited Employer) and Long Term Skills Shortage List. There are however "open" Work Visa categories that allow employment with any employer in New Zealand; the Partner of a Worker Work Visa and (for some SMC applicants) the Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Work Visa are the most common that I've seen here. Refer to this INZ knowledge base entry.

Kia Ora Kelerei,

Thanks very much for your quick answer. So I’ll be able to work for the new company once everything will be done by INZ.

Another question, when you got your interim visa ,it says that you are not allowed to leave the country or else it will cancel your visa application. But what happen if I leave the country before to receive the interim visa. Example I apply today and then fly to my country the next day ? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by YvonFr View Post
    Another question, when you got your interim visa ,it says that you are not allowed to leave the country or else it will cancel your visa application. But what happen if I leave the country before to receive the interim visa. Example I apply today and then fly to my country the next day ? Thanks in advance
    Assuming that you intend to depart and return before your current visa expires (and any Interim Visa) kicks in, it's dependent on your visa conditions once again. Your eVisa letter (or visa label) will tell you whether your visa is valid for single or multiple entry, and also the last date that you may travel and re-enter to New Zealand if your visa is valid for multiple entry.

If you have a single entry visa, or a multiple entry visa where the last date that you may travel and re-enter to New Zealand is before your intended date of return (but your intended date of return is before the visa expiry date!), you may apply to vary your visa's conditions.

You can not travel after your visa expiry date, until you are granted a new visa. Note that doing so will not necessarily halt processing on your new visa application, but it will prevent you from returning to New Zealand until your new visa is granted. Interim Visas are only granted if the applicant is onshore, and do not have travel conditions (I1.20).

Finally, I want to clear up a misconception you may have around Interim Visas. They exist solely to maintain an applicant's lawful status in New Zealand while their further temporary visa application is being considered (I1.1). As such, they are not granted automatically simply based on having an application for a further temporary class visa in INZ's systems; INZ will only grant one if they believe that your current visa will expire before a decision is made on your further temporary class visa (I1.5 and I1.10). An Interim Visa, if granted, only becomes valid when your previous temporary class visa expires, and never becomes valid if a decision is reached on your new temporary class visa (I1.15). (This last scenario happened with me. I was on a Visitor Visa and had a Work Visa application in the system. INZ issued an Interim Visa around a week before the Visitor Visa was due to expire. The next day, the Work Visa was granted, and so the Interim Visa was cancelled without ever having come into effect.)

Quote Originally Posted by ysc5 View Post
    you cant work for the company you applying if the visa or interim has not been issued to you.

And i think only open visa or if you are applying a second visa with the same company then they might issue interim.
    They don't issue interim visa for you to work at a new company.
    I could be wrong please check with the pro
    Thanks for your answer ysc5.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Assuming that you intend to depart and return before your current visa expires (and any Interim Visa) kicks in, it's dependent on your visa conditions once again. Your eVisa letter (or visa label) will tell you whether your visa is valid for single or multiple entry, and also the last date that you may travel and re-enter to New Zealand if your visa is valid for multiple entry.

If you have a single entry visa, or a multiple entry visa where the last date that you may travel and re-enter to New Zealand is before your intended date of return (but your intended date of return is before the visa expiry date!), you may apply to vary your visa's conditions.

You can not travel after your visa expiry date, until you are granted a new visa. Note that doing so will not necessarily halt processing on your new visa application, but it will prevent you from returning to New Zealand until your new visa is granted. Interim Visas are only granted if the applicant is onshore, and do not have travel conditions (I1.20).

Finally, I want to clear up a misconception you may have around Interim Visas. They exist solely to maintain an applicant's lawful status in New Zealand while their further temporary visa application is being considered (I1.1). As such, they are not granted automatically simply based on having an application for a further temporary class visa in INZ's systems; INZ will only grant one if they believe that your current visa will expire before a decision is made on your further temporary class visa (I1.5 and I1.10). An Interim Visa, if granted, only becomes valid when your previous temporary class visa expires, and never becomes valid if a decision is reached on your new temporary class visa (I1.15). (This last scenario happened with me. I was on a Visitor Visa and had a Work Visa application in the system. INZ issued an Interim Visa around a week before the Visitor Visa was due to expire. The next day, the Work Visa was granted, and so the Interim Visa was cancelled without ever having come into effect.)

Thanks for your answer from last time ,really helpful Thanks !! And yes I can entry as much as I want , the main things is,with the interim visa they don’t allowed to go back in our country ...

Another question please, they changed the rules in Nov 2018 , since that we are allowed to have 3 essential skills visa depending of your level etc... in my case it’s 3 application,and my third one was after 2018, so the question what’s happen for the 2 previous one ? Can I apply for a fourth one ? Thanks in advance