Thread: Passport being sent back, no word on approval?

Default Passport being sent back, no word on approval?

Hi there,

I applied for my partnership-based residency visa back in April. Officer asked for a bit more evidence in November, and I supplied it to her. She then asked for me to send my passport in, but since I was travelling in December she said I could wait until January. So I sent it in last week, and I just received an email saying my passport is being couriered back. However I haven't heard anything about the visa. Is this normal?

Cheers

Given that all visas are issued as eVisas nowadays, this is neither good news nor bad news. This only means that INZ has completed their physical verification of your passport, nothing more or less than that.

(Unless, you were advised of the need to submit your passport in an Approval in Principle letter. If this was the case, then you can expect the grant of your Resident Visa imminently).
    Last edited by Kelerei; 21st January 2020 at 09:21 AM. Reason: forgot about the AIP possibility

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Given that all visas are issued as eVisas nowadays, this is neither good news nor bad news. This only means that INZ has completed their physical verification of your passport, nothing more or less than that.
    Ahhh that makes sense. I suppose in my head I was thinking they needed to stamp my passport, but that's outdated! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by adamvk View Post
    Ahhh that makes sense. I suppose in my head I was thinking they needed to stamp my passport, but that's outdated! Thanks.
    You probably missed it because you replied while I was editing my previous post, but see my edit regarding if you were informed of the need to submit your passport via an Approval in Principle letter.

Nah, I don't think so. The email I received in November had asked for me to submit more evidence of living together since the application was filed, and asked to send my passport in. But no mention of approval in principle.

Ah, OK... so the "neutral" answer still stands then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Ah, OK... so the "neutral" answer still stands then.
    Better than bad news . Hopefully approval will be soon. Just sick of waiting!