Thread: Long Term Skill Shortage Requirements

Default Long Term Skill Shortage Requirements

Hello All,

I want to submit visa under SMC. I had a doubt

I am working in the long term skilled shortage (LTSS) category job for 2 years in Auckland. But I dont have the required education mentioned in the list for that long term skilled shortage job. Can I still gain points for LTSS points for work experience purpose ?

Thanks,

As per the applicable immigration instructions (SM6.40), to gain the 10 bonus points for employment in an area of absolute skills shortage, you must:

1. be employed in an occupation included on the Long Term Skill Shortage List (see Appendix 4 of the operational manual) or that was on the Long Term Skill Shortage List at the time your Expression of Interest was selected; and
    2. the current employment or offer of employment meets the specifications for that occupation; and
    3. you are suitably qualified by training and/or experience to undertake the employment or offer of employment (including any specific requirements set out on the Long Term Skill Shortage List or that were listed on the date their Expression of Interest was selected).

It sounds like you don't meet the requirements of point (b), and hence you will be ineligible for those 10 bonus points.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 21st January 2020 at 10:48 AM. Reason: point (b), not point (c)