Thread: Essential skills visa number of applications

Default Essential skills visa number of applications

Hi everyone, is my essential skill visa before Nov 2018 new rules account or not? I did two before Nov 2018 and one more after, I'm about to ask for another one. Thanks in advance

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but if this answers your question: the version of the applicable immigration instructions (for the Essential Skills Work Visa, this is everything under WK) that are current on the date that your application is made will be what INZ will apply to your application.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but if this answers your question: the version of the applicable immigration instructions (for the Essential Skills Work Visa, this is everything under WK) that are current on the date that your application is made will be what INZ will apply to your application.
    Thanks and sorry to disturb by this beautiful sunny day ...

I mean I apply twice before the new rules Nov 2018 and under a lower skilled due to my rates.
    And since Nov 2018 when you are lower skilled you can apply 3 times under the essential skills visa.

If I apply now it gonna be my fourth time, my question is , when INZ made the new rules , did they «delete »«
    doesn’t count anymore » my previous application, which mean I can apply 2 more times or get another type of visa .

Quote Originally Posted by YvonFr View Post
    Thanks and sorry to disturb by this beautiful sunny day ...

I mean I apply twice before the new rules Nov 2018 and under a lower skilled due to my rates.
    And since Nov 2018 when you are lower skilled you can apply 3 times under the essential skills visa.

If I apply now it gonna be my fourth time, my question is , when INZ made the new rules , did they «delete »«
    doesn’t count anymore » my previous application, which mean I can apply 2 more times or get another type of visa .
    76848C57-EA87-416F-A98C-59DEA79B5436.jpg76848C57-EA87-416F-A98C-59DEA79B5436.jpg76848C57-EA87-416F-A98C-59DEA79B5436.jpg

Hi everyone, to explain a bit better, I have apply twice before the 26 Nov on Essentials skills visa, the one I have application after the 26th of Nov will be the first or not ? There is a retroactivity or not ? I’m a lower skill . Thanks in advance.

I don't know. I don't know of anything in the publicly available instructions that bears on this. Also, my guess is that if you asked any INZ telephone answerer, or even ordinary CO, they wouldn't have an answer either, without referring it for advice.

Found the answer, in WK3.20.5:

1. An Essential Skills work visa holder may hold visas allowing work in lower-skilled employment (as defined in WK3.5.1) for a maximum period of 3 years before they are required to spend time outside New Zealand (subject to a stand-down period).
    2. Applicants subject to a stand-down period are not eligible for a further Essential Skills work visa for lower-skilled employment until they spend 12 consecutive months outside New Zealand.
    3. A person who has spent 12 consecutive months outside New Zealand is no longer subject to a stand-down period and may be granted further Essential Skills work visas for the duration allowed by WK4.1(a)(iii).
    4. Essential Skills work visas applied for before 28 August 2017 did not include an assessment of skill-band under WK3.5.1 and are therefore not considered when calculating the 3 year maximum period.