Thread: Culturally arranged marriage visitor visa

Default Culturally arranged marriage visitor visa

Hi all ,

i got married on 6th of october in india. lived together for 3 months. it is a arranged marriage.

i have applied culturally arranged marriage visitor visa for my wife on dec 20 2019.

have i applied the right visa for her ?
    or i could have applied General visitor visa for partner.
    am nz permanent resident.

what is the difference between both visa's

any idea how long Culturally arranged marriage visa takes ?

regards

Quote Originally Posted by smcvisa93 View Post
    have i applied the right visa for her ?
    Only the LIAs on this forum are in a position to answer this.

what is the difference between both visa's
    The difference is in how they are assessed. The general requirements for visitors are listed at V2, whereas culturally arranged marriage is considered a special category of visitor, and is assessed under V3.35 instead -- and where there is a discrepancy between V3.35 and V2, V3.35 will prevail.

any idea how long Culturally arranged marriage visa takes ?
    According to the fees and office finder, 90% of applications for the Culturally Arranged Marriage Visitor Visa are being processed within 7 months.

@smcvisa93 - willing to follow this thread. as i am getting married in june this year.
    The stats on INZ website shows a massive decline rate of CAMVV

I am curious to know....what documents did you submit to prove it is culturally arranged marriage?

Alot of documents. cant even remember. Make sure you take record of every single thing.

Am not sure if i applied the right visa i could have applied partnerships visitor visa.

Just waiting for Replies on this thread.

Default views ???

Hi all ! anyone have any view ?? please answer Thanks

The reason that there have not been more replies is probably that nobody knows any further answers to give. Kelerei has copied you links to the relevant requirements in the INZ operational manual. That IS the ultimate word on the subject. If those details seem a bit like heavy reading, try the INZ factsheets. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...t/visitor-visa and https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...e-visitor-visa On each page, click on the tab for Criteria to see the requirements summarized.

From what you have said, if you have the evidence, you meet the requirements for the Culturally Arranged Marriage Visitor Visa that you have applied for. In that case, you are lucky - you are far more likely to get that visa for your wife than an ordinary visitor's visa. A visitor's visa is not a stop-gap for any situation where the person doesn't meet the requirements for any particular visa - it is meant ONLY for people intending to make a short stay in NZ and then going back to an established life in another country (unless INZ decide to issue one in an individual case, but that is rare). Your wife does NOT intend to leave and go away again, so she is not a visitor.