Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Average processing times

I lodged my formal complaint to INZ today.
    Will wait for their response and escalate to Ombudsman accordingly.
    Doing my small part if it helps.

Still no movement in the SMC queue, according to an email reply received from an SMC manager today - the queue is still stuck at 11 December 2018. When I asked what the plan was to clear the backlog that is still growing, the answer was "The Manukau Office is currently resourced to meet the New Zealand Residence Programme as set out by the Cabinet (of New Zealand Government). The new programme has yet to be announced."

I don't even know what that means!

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Still no movement in the SMC queue, according to an email reply received from an SMC manager today - the queue is still stuck at 11 December 2018. When I asked what the plan was to clear the backlog that is still growing, the answer was "The Manukau Office is currently resourced to meet the New Zealand Residence Programme as set out by the Cabinet (of New Zealand Government). The new programme has yet to be announced."

I don't even know what that means!
    Reading between the lines, my impression is that they are pending politicians' green lights to proceed for processing?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingmaker View Post
    Reading between the lines, my impression is that they are pending politicians' green lights to proceed for processing?
    Yes, but they are going to be faced with a huge backlog of applications that has been building since December 2018 - potentially more applications than they have ever had to process for SMC ever before (certainly since my dealings with INZ began) and possibly more applicants than there are spaces in the new NZRP already in the current queue, with more being added every day. I just find it hard to believe that they don't have a strategy and/or why they're not willing to share it to offer some reassurance to stakeholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingmaker View Post
    When is this expected to happen??

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Yes, but they are going to be faced with a huge backlog of applications that has been building since December 2018 - potentially more applications than they have ever had to process for SMC ever before (certainly since my dealings with INZ began) and possibly more applicants than there are spaces in the new NZRP already in the current queue, with more being added every day. I just find it hard to believe that they don't have a strategy and/or why they're not willing to share it to offer some reassurance to stakeholders.
    Just visited the FB profile for Iain Lees-Galloway MP, No post around immigration and how bad it's been, completely escaping any accountability and when people complain in comments they don't get any reply.
    The "Kindness" that's been highlighted so much should mean at least they accept the reality and give people an honest update rather than dodging the bullet while the situation becomes worse by the day.FB.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by IT_GUY View Post
    Is this some kind of Joke I'm too naive to understand? It seems like these timelines have been reduced while all of us are waiting for such a long time.

50% of SMC applications completed within 5 months? it clearly looks like INZ is using it's priority queue data to look awesome on paper while thousands of lives are put on hold.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...sa-application

Attachment 3640Attachment 3640
    People are feeling great knowing this processing times.

Just as a side note to the various posts about the delays in SMC processing timeframes, the chairperson of NZAMI (New Zealand Association for Migration and Investment, which is a professional body for immigration industry professionals, like LIAs and immigration lawyers) has requested an urgent meeting with the Minister of Immigration to discuss the SMC backlog and INZ's plans going forward. NZAMI is a well-respected organisation and has good rapport with INZ and the Minister, from what I know of them, so I hope that they can secure a meeting soon and get some helpful answers. Will update when I know more.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234