Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Average processing times

Angry Average processing times

Is this some kind of Joke I'm too naive to understand? It seems like these timelines have been reduced while all of us are waiting for such a long time.

50% of SMC applications completed within 5 months? it clearly looks like INZ is using it's priority queue data to look awesome on paper while thousands of lives are put on hold.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...sa-application

INZ Timeline.JPGINZ Timeline.JPG

This was one of the grounds of my formal complaint. And this was (part) of INZ response to this:

The data contained on the Immigration New Zealand website is an average dataset drawn from applications that have already been decided. The intent is to give an average of processing timeframes across the end to end of the visa product in question which can unfortunately only be obtained from the timeframes of applications already finalised. In the event applications are allocated more quickly or on a prioritised basis, I would expect that in the long term the statistical average will balance as those applications not allocated quickly will eventually be reflected once decided.

I do acknowledge the natural limitation of this information will mean it does not yet reflect the processing timeframes of applications still active (including those pending allocation). While this is an unavoidable aspect of the use of this statistical average, I thank you for your feedback.

That's pretty much what Daniel sent to us as well. In short, they are pointless timeframes as the thousands stuck in the queue are not included, they conveniently don't report on average age of applications in progress that are not finalised, so these numbers will likely go up significantly if the queue ever starts moving. They are going down now due to the skimming of easy applications than can be approved in 10 days reducing an average time.

As much as I understand the limitations of the stats they are reporting on my real issue with this is that they treat then a the gospel truth and any questions on timeframes you are directed to these statistics presenting false hope on time frames. If you complain they acknowledge they are misleading but you shouldn't have to talk to a manager via a formal complaint to be given that information.

So we won’t hear any thing soon till 14 months ?

I have also complained about these false stats and got the same response about it "all working out eventually" (ha!).

I would count on the timeframes going out past 14 months now - oldest SMC application I have in the queue was lodged almost 12 months ago now and still doesn't have a CO assigned. And word on the street is that it's taking several more months to process once assigned (even though it can be done in a matter of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    I have also complained about these false stats and got the same response about it "all working out eventually" (ha!).

I would count on the timeframes going out past 14 months now - oldest SMC application I have in the queue was lodged almost 12 months ago now and still doesn't have a CO assigned. And word on the street is that it's taking several more months to process once assigned (even though it can be done in a matter of weeks.
    Does this mean all of your clients that applied in November/December 2018 have been allocated a CO now? And it’s January 2019 that are the latest?

Hi JandM, EGoodhue and everyone else,
    Not sure if what I'm about to say will make you feel better but I hope it will.

I applied for SMC back in 2017 November. So far I've had 6 case officers. I would get one and she/he would ask for information and vanish without any news. They dont put any notes on my file and some dont even reply. After following up with INZ for months I then get the news that my CO has resigned or some excuse. Then a new one is assigned and the cycle continues. I've provided information to the recent one in September and since then the only thing she's told is she's waiting for internal consultations. Which I dnt know what it is.

Throughout the time I've spent thousands of dollars on LIAs and have gone through stress and depression. I've missed many things of my family. INZ acts as if they are robots without a soul and doesn't understand what people are going through.

This forum has been helping me cope up with stress but there are times when u feel really bad and why we deserve to be treated in such way.

Thank you for your appreciation of the forum.

In my view, NOBODY deserves to be treated this way.

Quote Originally Posted by EIT View Post
    Hi JandM, EGoodhue and everyone else,
    Not sure if what I'm about to say will make you feel better but I hope it will.

I applied for SMC back in 2017 November. So far I've had 6 case officers. I would get one and she/he would ask for information and vanish without any news. They dont put any notes on my file and some dont even reply. After following up with INZ for months I then get the news that my CO has resigned or some excuse. Then a new one is assigned and the cycle continues. I've provided information to the recent one in September and since then the only thing she's told is she's waiting for internal consultations. Which I dnt know what it is.

Throughout the time I've spent thousands of dollars on LIAs and have gone through stress and depression. I've missed many things of my family. INZ acts as if they are robots without a soul and doesn't understand what people are going through.

This forum has been helping me cope up with stress but there are times when u feel really bad and why we deserve to be treated in such way.
    Sounds terrible. Have you or any of the LIAs put a formal complaint in?

Im still here from 18/12/2018 with no movement. LIA yesterday requested update from INZ but as of yet, no response. She has advised if no movement by April, to apply for Essential Skills Visa based on Residence still in process. My visa expires End June and I would much prefer to apply for additional visa now already!! I think I will start pushing her Mid-End Feb and not wait until April - I dont trust INZ timeframes even a little!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast