Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMC - 90% of applications completed within: 15 Months !!!

Default SMC - 90% of applications completed within: 15 Months !!!

SMC - Processing time goes on increasing each month, currently 15 months and still accepting more & more EOI under SMC

The most recent selection of Expressions of Interest (EOIs) under the Skilled Migrant Category took place on 22 January 2020
    As a result 1562 EOIs that had a total of 160 or more points, representing 3,488 people will now undergo preliminary verification to determine if an invitation to apply for residency will be issued.
    There are 654 EOIs in the pool after the selection.

INZ only counts applications that have recently been decided on for the processing time statistics, so given that 15 months is November 2018, this may indicate that there's finally some movement with the December 2018 group (who have been sitting in limbo for what feels like an eternity now). This is pure speculation on my part though.

As for what INZ can do about this, they essentially have three options, and all of them have significant downsides. They can a) continue to kick the can down the road until at least after the general elections later this year, b) increase the EOI pass mark, or c) temporarily shut the Skilled Migrant Category down. I'll post my thoughts on all three of these options over the weekend when I have time to actually type them up.

I have just sent my documents to immigration to apply for residence under SMC onshore. By reading the latest post on this forum I am quite concerned about how long will take to process my application.
    In 15 months anything can happen to me or my family. The only thing that immigration do fast is taking your money.

Today it has been exactly 1 year since I lodged my application. Still in a queue waiting for a case officer.

If u don’t mind hows your case like? Are you on shore or off shore?

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    Today it has been exactly 1 year since I lodged my application. Still in a queue waiting for a case officer.
    Welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Matematica84 View Post
    If u don’t mind hows your case like? Are you on shore or off shore?
    On shore working full time in skilled employment.

Unbelievable, I am in the same boat, on shore 4 years of full time job in the same restaurant. I am a chef and I work in the morning for breakfast and lunches. My boss is about to close the restaurant night time because he cannot find another chef. Is such a shortage of chef in Nz.
    Can t believe immigration is so stuck!

Get him to complain to the local MP, to raise it with the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Matematica84 View Post
    Unbelievable, I am in the same boat, on shore 4 years of full time job in the same restaurant. I am a chef and I work in the morning for breakfast and lunches. My boss is about to close the restaurant night time because he cannot find another chef. Is such a shortage of chef in Nz.
    Can t believe immigration is so stuck!
    somehow the coalition government thinks cutting down on immigration will result in more work for NZers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast