Thread: INZ1198 - Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa

Default INZ1198 - Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa

Hi all,

One final question from me before we submit this visa.

It looks like we have to fill out the INZ 1198 form, but when applying online there is no prompt or place for it. I've uploaded the other files as needed, including the INZ 1146 that they've asked for but do I not need the 1198 after all?

The form itself says that we need to fill it out to apply, but I don't know about that now. Is that only for applying in paper, not online?

Thanks!

The INZ 1198 form is for people who prefer to submit a paper application over an online application; your online application is the digital equivalent of the INZ 1198 form.

The INZ 1146 form is definitely required even for an online application (speaking from experience here!). You can scan it in and upload it with your other supporting documents.

Hi does anyone have any idea how long does it take for Partner of NewZealander work visa to be processed. I applied it on mid December still waiting and no update from INZ
    Please share your timelines. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harryk View Post
    Hi does anyone have any idea how long does it take for Partner of NewZealander work visa to be processed. I applied it on mid December still waiting and no update from INZ
    Please share your timelines. Thanks
    I applied mid Sept and still yet to be allocated so could have a bit of a wait on your hands I’m afraid but just make the most of the time to keep uploading evidence etc!

Good luck with it all though!

Quote Originally Posted by JD87 View Post
    I applied mid Sept and still yet to be allocated so could have a bit of a wait on your hands I’m afraid but just make the most of the time to keep uploading evidence etc!

Good luck with it all though!
    Thanks, but i have seen other people on fb groups getting approved from December month. You could be right as i called inz a week ago and they said they are allocating September applications. But at the same time others say they are allocating November applications bit of confusion there

Thanks, but i have seen other people on fb groups getting approved from December month. You could be right as i called inz a week ago and they said they are allocating September applications. But at the same time others say they are allocating November applications bit of confusion there
    Sorry ignore what I said, completely misread and thought you were going for a different visa. My last one that I applied for took a couple of months so don’t think you’ll be too far away from hearing back!

Sorry for the confusion but all the best with your decision!

Quote Originally Posted by JD87 View Post
    Sorry ignore what I said, completely misread and thought you were going for a different visa. My last one that I applied for took a couple of months so don’t think you’ll be too far away from hearing back!

Sorry for the confusion but all the best with your decision!
    Thats alright. Was that last visa a partnership work visa?

Thats alright. Was that last visa a partnership work visa?
    It was yes, my first one took longer but when I applied for my 2nd it was much quicker.