Thread: NZQA level 4 but level 3 outcome..can still get points?

Default NZQA level 4 but level 3 outcome..can still get points?

Hi,

I have a friend who got skilled work as a welder with job in ANZSCO as Level 3 as metal fabricator including the required wage per hours. He claimed the points.
    The IQA has not been processed yet but already submitted an EOI and got selected (180 pts).

If the qualification claimed to have 50 pts (appears to be NZQF Level 4) and the outcome is Level 3 only will it still qualify a certain points or it has be level 4?

So instead of 50 pts it could be 30 pts only and can still get 160 pts?

Thanks

I'm not sure that I understand the basis of this question, but have checked various aspects - see below.

Looking at the ANZSCO listing https://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@...5?opendocument, I see it says this for the required level.
    NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
    That would mean that an NZQF Level 4 result is equivalent to ANZSCO Level 3.

Then, on the page here https://skillshortages.immigration.g...al-fabricator/, in the section about Skill Level classification, it has this.
    To be classified as skilled for the Skilled Migrant Category you need to be either;
    ANZSCO level 1-3 AND paid at or above $25.00 per hour ($52,000 per year based on a 40 hour week)
    OR
    ANZSCO level 4-5 AND paid at or above $37.50 per hour ($78,000 per year based on a 40 hour week)
    Then, looking at the Operational Manual, Skilled Migrant Category, SM8.5, there is this. (Sorry, the formatting does not carry across, so look at the actual page to see it more clearly.)
    Qualifications are recognised and qualify for points as follows:

Qualification

Additional requirements

Points awarded

a.

Qualifications assessed as occupying levels 9 or 10 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF)

b.

Qualifications assessed as occupying levels 7 or 8 on the NZQF

c.

Qualifications assessed as occupying level 5 or 6 on the NZQF

d.

Qualifications assessed as occupying level 4 on the NZQF

Must be relevant to an occupation at ANZSCO skill level 3, 4 or 5, and either

included on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment (see Appendix 3) and meet the requirements specified in that list, or

assessed by the NZQA as an NZQF level 4 Certificate.

e.

Qualifications assessed as occupying Level 3 on the NZQF

Must be relevant to an occupation at ANZSCO skill level 3, 4 or 5, and

included on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment (see Appendix 3) and meet the requirements specified in that list.

It looks from that chart as though either Level 3 OR Level 4 outcome will be worth 40 points in this section.

Thanks @JandM, that's where I get confused between ANZSCO Level 3 and NZQF Level 4 but realized it is a two different systems.
    However, I am glad that even with Level 3 he can still get 40 points which is good enough.

He is paid 25$/hr. so it meets the ANZSCO level 1-3 requirement.