Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is scary- Government wipe out applications to clear backlog

Default This is scary- Government wipe out applications to clear backlog

Hi Saumya

Please read the article carefully , the applications mostly were the ones with no job offers and it was a burden for INZ.
    I know things are uncertain now but we cannot conclude anything without having an official announcement.
    Always note that your application is "lodged" meaning accepted for processing.

Quote Originally Posted by squishmaster View Post
    Hi Saumya

Please read the article carefully , the applications mostly were the ones with no job offers and it was a burden for INZ.
    I know things are uncertain now but we cannot conclude anything without having an official announcement.
    Always note that your application is "lodged" meaning accepted for processing.
    Its about the right government has. To be honest, I didn't know they can even do this if they want to. In practical terms, I do not foresee that they will resort to that, but the thought itself is scary.

Under current circumstances, NZ govt will not take this suicidal step. Let’s wait for new NZPR ...😄

Quote Originally Posted by Tariq Shahzad View Post
    Under current circumstances, NZ govt will not take this suicidal step. Let’s wait for new NZPR ...😄
    True...just to do math there are are atleast 15000 applications lodged each charged $3000 plus for each application .

Quote Originally Posted by squishmaster View Post
    True...just to do math there are are atleast 15000 applications lodged each charged $3000 plus for each application .
    45M NZD is not that big of an amount for NZ Govt to be honest.
    They might be more concerned about the repercussions of such acts.

To put it this way, would NZ First spend 45M NZD to influence their voters by saying they are restricting residencies but lapsing the applications?
    If they think it will help them in getting re-elected, I'm pretty sure they will do it. The money is not coming out of their pockets.
    Last edited by ag; 11th February 2020 at 12:53 PM.

Imagine after sending all your documents to INZ including IETLS, medicals, $2710, etc, and then government renders your application invalid with only a stroke of pen.

Send shivers down my spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingmaker View Post
    Imagine after sending all your documents to INZ including IETLS, medicals, $2710, etc, and then government renders your application invalid with only a stroke of pen.

Send shivers down my spine.
    It is just not money. It is time you have spent which can never be got back. My file was rejected in 2016 similar election time saying the Job profile dint meet the criteria. Dont have words to say...

Quote Originally Posted by devarajl View Post
    It is just not money. It is time you have spent which can never be got back. My file was rejected in 2016 similar election time saying the Job profile dint meet the criteria. Dont have words to say...
    I am currently going through counselling and all I can say to you all is be positive . I know things may not seem good at this point but hang on and all will be sorted. World is full of unfairness and we have to find our way to deal with it. There are so many negative possibilities but there are positive possibilities too. Until government comes out with an official statement all we say are speculations. Our health(physical and mental) should be of utmost importance any thing other than that is secondary even our future here. I have ruined my mental/physical health and I know how crippled can it make you , I have been through darkest phase of anxiety/depression and it is noooo goood.
    Last edited by squishmaster; 11th February 2020 at 03:16 PM.

Right, so I've been doing a bit of research into this...

There is indeed a legal framework for INZ to lapse applications: see Section 24 of the Immigration Act 2009. Note, though, that Section 24(1) mentions that any rules or criteria around lapsing of applications must be certified in terms of Section 22 -- and Section 22 pretty much sets out the legal framework around INZ's operational manual (being the source of immigration instructions).

Naturally, after this, I went digging around the operational manual to find any reference to lapsing of applications. I could only find one reference, which was in residence instructions: R5.50. This specifically deals with lapsing an application on the grounds that the applicant has failed to provide their travel document to INZ, and ceased to be effective from 28th August 2017 (presumably due to the introduction of eVisas). I could find no other reference.

Granted, the Minister of Immigration may yet decide to certify immigration instructions for the lapsing of applications, but given that no such instructions currently exist (unless I've missed something, in which case I expect Erin to come along to correct me!), I believe this issue to be of least concern -- and that your time, effort and energies would be better focused on getting INZ to handle the current SMC backlog in a fair manner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast