Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: South Island Contribution Residency

Quote Originally Posted by gcapd View Post
    Hi NiceCupOfTea, where did you extract this INZ instructions? I don't think INZ gives a subsequent South Island Contribution Work Visa while your South Island Contribution Residence Visa is pending.
    Incorrect. Refer to WR7.25, which you would have noticed if you'd bothered to read the entire thread.

Hi Kelerei. What do we have to provide to apply for a subsequent SICWV?

See the huge orange banner here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...tion-work-visa, and the Criteria and Process tabs on that same INZ factsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    See the huge orange banner here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...tion-work-visa, and the Criteria and Process tabs on that same INZ factsheet.
    Hi JandM. So it means INZ issues a subsequent SIC Work Visa if my dad is currently awaiting decision on his SIC Residence Visa while his current SIC Work Visa is being held and about to expire? Does this need an Employer Supplementary form and a proof of advertisement showing employer made genuine attempts to recruit readily available NZ citizen and resident to take the job same as Essential Skills Visa requirements? I see that the current processing timeframe of SIC Resident Visa is 13 months on INZ's official website. Does this mean my dad will be granted 13 months subsequent SIC Work Visa when he re-applies?

Hi JandM. So it means INZ issues a subsequent SIC Work Visa if my dad is currently awaiting decision on his SIC Residence Visa while his current SIC Work Visa is being held and about to expire?
    Yes -- but in addition to the points you mentioned (hold a current South Island Contribution Work Visa, and an application for a South Island Contribution Resident Visa has been made and is yet undecided), you must also continue to meet the requirements of WR7.10(b) to WR7.10(f), which are:

• you must be in full-time (see W2.2.10), lawful employment in the South Island; and
    • you must have undertaken full-time, lawful employment in the South Island as the holder of an Essential Skills work visa, or an interim visa, for five years between 22 May 2012 and 22 May 2017 (see WR7.10.1); and
    • you must have acceptable ongoing employment, or an offer of acceptable employment, in the South Island (see WR7.10.5); and
    • you must meet the health and character requirements for residence set out at A4 and A5; and
    • you must meet the requirements for bona fide applicants set out at E5.

Does this need an Employer Supplementary form and a proof of advertisement showing employer made genuine attempts to recruit readily available NZ citizen and resident to take the job same as Essential Skills Visa requirements?
    There is no labour market test required for the South Island Contribution Work Visa.

The Employer Supplementary Form (INZ 1113) is used for:

• Essential Skills work visa applicants; and
    • Work to Residence: Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) work visa applicants; and
    • Post-study work visa (employer assisted) applicants; and
    • Silver Fern Practical Experience work visa applicants; and
    • Specific Purpose work visa applicants, where a job offer is required; and
    • Variation of Condition work visa applicants

The Employer Supplementary Form is not required for any other Work Visa category (including South Island Contribution).

I see that the current processing timeframe of SIC Resident Visa is 13 months on INZ's official website. Does this mean my dad will be granted 13 months subsequent SIC Work Visa when he re-applies?
    INZ will grant a subsequent South Island Contribution Work Visa for the length of time required to decide the South Island Contribution Resident Visa application (WR7.25(b)).

Hi again. My dad is about to re-apply for a subsequent SIC WTR Visa as he has a pending Resdence from Work SIC application. Does he need again to re-supply his proof of employment from 22 May 2012 to 22 May 2017? Or he just needs to provide his Most Current Contract? Thanks in advance.

Just provide current contract.

Thanks JoeyGo. Any idea how many years a subsequent SICW will be valid when granted? I heard it's 3 years. Thanks

Will be 30 months.

Thank you. His passport will expire May 2022. Will this not affect the duration of his SICWV granted for 30 months?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast