Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Essential skills visa ( diabetic case)

Raman2121, please GET TO A DOCTOR and get referred to an endocrinologist NOW. With these readings, you are truly in danger of your life.

You say you are worried about getting the visa. INZ can't grant one unless and until you are passed by the Medical Assessor as having an Acceptable Standard of Health (ASH). A diabetic certainly can be (as Dave in NZ has told you), when they are in a doctor's care and are on a steady and suitable regime of medication. You're not, and you must be. You can't by-pass this step. The INZ CO is not allowed to grant a visa, however good all the rest of your situation is, without hearing from the MA that you are ASH.

As you have already applied for the Essential Skills Visa, if your existing visa expires, INZ can issue an Interim Visa to keep you legal during processing.

Once you start getting treatment, your health should begin to improve very quickly. The sooner you can send some new readings and a consultant's report in, the sooner there is a chance the MA will report favourably, but right now, everything is at a standstill until you take action.

You talk about paying for treatment. From your other posts, and looking at this page https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/li...hcare-services it looks as though you will be entitled to use the NZ Health Service fully.
    You may be eligible for subsidised healthcare if you are:... a work visa holder who is allowed to work here for 2 years or more
    the holder of a work visa that allows you to work here 2 years or more when combined with time you have spent in New Zealand just before getting your current work visa. For example, you qualify if you had a visa that allowed you to be in New Zealand for one year, and you now have a work visa that allows you to stay another year.
    This will mean the following.
    Medicine costs

If you are eligible for publicly funded healthcare services, you only need to pay a small contribution to the cost of the medicines prescribed by your doctor. This is currently $5 per item in most cases.
    and
    Doctors' fees

Doctors’ practices set their own fees. Check how much you will pay with the practice directly.

Your local district health board (DHB) website will have a list of practices and their fees. You could also look on the DoctorPricer website.

You will pay reduced doctors’ fees if you enrol with a practice. You can only enrol if you are eligible for publicly funded healthcare services.

Hi Jand :/

Yeah immigration has referred me to an endocrinologist and asked me to get few more tests done. So from what you are saying, I will have to go see the doctor tomorrow then get the tests done then they will send the report to immigration, after that I would have to wait for God knows how long and then i go for the tests again,and then if at that time my health has improved, i may be granted the visa?
    I quit my job 2 months ago because i got an offer from this place so right now I am not working which means I would have to survive on my savings depending on I dunno how long i will have to wait for immigration to ask for tests again and i hardly got much savings at the first place, I have already spent around 2500 bucks in moving jobs, lawyer fee, immigration fee etc, so it seems like i should go for this endrocrinologist appointment tomorrow and get the tests done immigration has asked for, but from those reports if i the assessor said i am not well enough to get another visa, i will probably go back because i financially cant survive in new zealand.
    Thanks again for the help guys, if by a miracle i did end up getting the visa after tomorrow's appointment, i will keep you posted

What visa are you on now?

I am on essential skills visa low skilled which is expiring on March 22 this year however I quit my last job as I got a better job offered so currently I am not working.

Hi Everyone

My medical has been given green signal by immigration
    I just wanted to thank everyone here. Much appreciated

That's excellent news about the medical.

Hi Raman.

Hope you are doing well. I am currently in a similar position as you. I have done my blood test last week and it shows that I am pre diabetic (46 mol). The medical clinic have submitted my medical to INZ stating that I am pre diabetic.
    I can see that you were also a pre diabetic 2 years ago so did immigration asked you to provide any additional information when you were pre diabetic? INZ's medical assessor is currently assessing my medical.
    Please let me know as I am very concerned about it.
    Thanks

Kandarp808 As you can see Raman's HBA1C was 86 and after seeing an endocrinologist was given his visa. Yours is only 46 so I really do not see much of a problem here. They may ask for further tests but on that showing you should be fine.Just stay relaxed. things are taking longer at the moment All the best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12