Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Essential skills visa ( diabetic case)

Default Essential skills visa ( diabetic case)

Hi everyone
    Hope everyone is getting their visas and residencies

I need some advice please. I have applied for my essential skills visa but i am diabetic and my sugar levels are really high , my hba1c is 86 mmol which is pretty bad. I have been pre diabetic 2 years ago and then last year I became fully diabetic and now it’s gone even worse.

I wanted to ask does this mean it’s the end of the journey for me? Would they decline my file because of my diabetes or has there been people on this forum who have received visas and residencies even though there sugar levels were as high as mine?
    Please guys any advice would be helpful.
    Thanks

The best I can do is point you to relevant information in the operational manual.

A4 sets out the general health requirements. Specifically contained within:

• A4.10 sets out the acceptable standard of health for a residence class visa (e.g. whenever you apply for a Resident Visa of any category), and A4.60 sets out how you might obtain a medical waiver if you are assessed under A4.10 as not having an acceptable standard of health.
    • A4.15 sets out the acceptable standard of health for a temporary class visa (e.g. if you apply for a subsequent Essential Skills Work Visa), and the corresponding medical waiver instructions are at A4.65.

I can't (legally) apply these instructions to your situation.

I am type 1 Diabetic and have been for many years and my average HBA1C is 56. Yours is extremely high and they will need to access any consultant/medical records that you have. With me they contacted my consultant and he cleared me.I had a medical waiver and I would say you will need to. On a personal note you and your medical team need to do everything they can to get that HBA1C down. I would say you need to make that a priority. This is not to say you will not be accepted they need to look at everything.

Seems like i could be in trouble :/
    but thank you for your help

So does it depends on my doctor if he can clear me? Now i am really worried :/ Shall i count my chances of getting the visa as slim?

Not at all. Each case is treated as individual and they need to make sure that your Diabetes has not gone beyond the stage that you are likely to get severe complications. By the sound of it you have only just been termed full Diabetic. Diabetes is manageable, under good control. With the help of a Diabetic team you should be able to get a more respectable HBA1c. Normally Diabetics are accepted but a full assessment will need to be done by your consultant.

Yeah i was diagnosed as diabetic last year around this time and it was at 50, I just can’t believe it has jumped upto 86 in a year. My priority is going to work on my health and get better, I am just really worried that if they declined my case I would have to go back
    Still thanks for the help

Hey guys

I have got an email from Immigration and this is what they have asked for -

HI Ramandeep,

It looks like our assessors assessed the medicals you provided today and have requested further meds including the following

Endocrinologists report - Diabetes

A recent report from an endocrinologist is required regarding the applicant’s diabetes <add details >. This should include - history (including year of diagnosis), clinical examination findings (including fundoscopy or a recent retinal screening report and peripheral neurovascular examination), diagnosis, management needs and long term prognosis. Please include the applicant’s smoking history and the results of a resting ECG, serum creatinine level, eGFR and a urinary albumin/creatinine ratio (with appropriate predicted values).

I have honestly got no idea what this is. I have called some of the centres to book an appointment and they told me to see an endocrinologist the fee is $500 bucks just for consultation :/ , but anyway so if anyone has any experience with this, does this all seem bad? like are my visa chances next to none based on the amount of information they asked me for?
    Please if someone could help, thanks

I take it from what you are saying here that you do not have an existing consultant/endocrinologist ? When I came over I was already an established type 1 Diabetic so all they needed to do was get my existing consultants report but in your case you would need to pay for all these tests to be done according to you. Not only do you need to get this done you also need help to get your Diabetes under control as your HBA1C is too high so they would be able to help with this obviously at cost.An endocrinlogist is expert in this field. Are you on insulin? If not I would say you need to be but you so need expert help.If as you say you are not eligible yes it is going to cost but you need to get this done not just for INZ but for your health too. Whoever diagnosed you with Diabetes should be able to advise. I would also check again if you qualify for free medical assistance

Hi no I don’t have any consultant and I don’t take insulin either. I fully understand I need to pay for all this and stuff, the part I am worried about is the visa part, like does this makes chances of me getting the visa slim?
    I am fully keen to get this part sorted not just for INZ but for my personal health too but I can’t sort it out in like a week or so, it will take time and that is why I am worried about my visa part.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast