Thread: Parent Category Clarification

Default Parent Category Clarification

Hi All,

Just wanted to see if anyone has seen this and got any idea what exactly this means? It is mentioned twice in 2 forms for parent category.

Once in Form 1249, A18 question and once in Parent guide INZ1207.

Please note that if you have a partner who is eligible to be included in your Expression of Interest, but you do not include them, they will not be eligible for residence based on your partnership later on, even if you become a New Zealand resident.
    Partners are considered eligible for inclusion in an EOI even if it appears that your sponsor (or sponsors) may not meet the income requirement to sponsor multiple Parent category applicants.

The piece that confuse me is bold one i.e. so they expect us include both parents in EOI even though if we only meet the criteria to sponsor one? IF so, do they expect to include both parent in application for residency once EOI is selected or take one off at that point?

Also, on the website, https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa

under criteria section and "Expression of interest", they said "Including your partner in your EOI means they will be able to apply for residence based on your partnership later, if they decide to. They will not be able to if you do not include them now."

Which again mean to include both parents in EOI even if you can only meet income criteria for one!!

Any clarification will help here. I am going to ask INZ but thought will check if any community member here noticed that!

Thanks,
    Jaskaran Walia

I think, all above information, says if one of your parent will get residency, another one don't get residency on a partnership basis.

If you can meet income criteria for one, you include in EOI one parent.
    If you can meet income criteria for both, you include in EOI two parents.

Quote Originally Posted by agentru View Post
    I think, all above information, says if one of your parent will get residency, another one don't get residency on a partnership basis.

If you can meet income criteria for one, you include in EOI one parent.
    If you can meet income criteria for both, you include in EOI two parents.
    I think you interpreted that wrong. It clearly says that partners are eligible for inclusion in the EOI even if it appears that the sponsor(s) don't seem to meet the criteria.
    Like in other situations INZ wants to have as much information as possible about what they might have to expect in the future, in this case, if there is any other person likely to apply at some stage.
    That's at least how I would read it.....

There are no instructions for parent category at the moment. I think more detailed information we will get later.

Quote Originally Posted by agentru View Post
    There are no instructions for parent category at the moment. I think more detailed information we will get later.
    INZ has already sent the amendment with instructions through.File in the link!
    https://gofile.io/?c=qUDmXi