Thread: Ird number

Default Ird number

Hi everyone,
    Just applied for ird number online
    But they charged me 69 dollars for it. Is it normal?
    Thanks.

There is no cost for applying for an IRD number.

https://www.ird.govt.nz/activities/a...SAAEgLUK_D_BwE

I was trying to apply for IRD online but it said that identity cannot be verified so Im going to post shop to apply.

For quite a few formalities, there are agencies which advertise online (looking quite "official") to supply the papers, certificate or whatever it is, and what they are actually doing is charging money for filling in the forms which the applicant could perfectly well do themself, for no fee or very little, if in touch with the REAL government office. Look carefully at the URL, and the description of the service, and the Contact Us page, then it should be possible to see if you are dealing with officials directly, or an agent working for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamnz2019 View Post
    I was trying to apply for IRD online but it said that identity cannot be verified so Im going to post shop to apply.
    Hi, I got the same situation. Were you able to process your IRD number already?

As has already said there are agencies on line that will charge you for their services but it is easy to do it directly.
    Here is the direct link and as said there there is no charge

https://www.ird.govt.nz/activities/a...nal-ird-number

Quote Originally Posted by missy2019 View Post
    Hi, I got the same situation. Were you able to process your IRD number already?
    I've got this problem last week. I then called IRD and they asked me to submit at AA. It has 10$ fee if you want fast track (not sure if there is any fee for the 10 days normal process). I then got my number on SMS in 48 hrs after submitting the application and evidences.

As I'm a new arrival. The evidences are passport, visa, oversea driving licence, and bank statement showing deposit and withdrawal.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralAK View Post
    I've got this problem last week. I then called IRD and they asked me to submit at AA. It has 10$ fee if you want fast track (not sure if there is any fee for the 10 days normal process). I then got my number on SMS in 48 hrs after submitting the application and evidences.

As I'm a new arrival. The evidences are passport, visa, oversea driving licence, and bank statement showing deposit and withdrawal.
    We just applied online last year with details you mentioned. Was not required to visit anywhere because stamped bank statement is confirmation of identity.

Quote Originally Posted by VedSaumya View Post
    We just applied online last year with details you mentioned. Was not required to visit anywhere because stamped bank statement is confirmation of identity.
    No. Mine was like, cannot go beyond the passport and visa page. It keeps saying my identity cannot be identified. The IRD guy who talked to me suggested that, by his own understanding, my arrival still not be confirmed or not updated in their system yet (I tried applying on Monday after I arrived NZ on Saturday) but my employer wanted it really fast as she didn't want me to miss the first payday on Friday so I had to go to AA and applied for fast-track one.