Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winter in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch

Quote Originally Posted by newarrival View Post
    The price range will vary widely due to where you are looking for a place, so probably the best idea would be to have a look at Trademe real estate, search for rentals and the amount of bedrooms you're looking for, that should give you an indication. The newer the house/ apartment (in the case of Auckland or Wellington there might be apartments, depending on the location), the greater the chance of it being insulated.
    Thank you newarrival. Will take a look at Trademe. Appreciate your advice

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I'll let someone who is in NZ right now answer this. We never got there to live, as INZ changed the requirements so we would never have matched them.
    Oh I am sorry. I assumed you are in NZ being the Administrator and all. Thanks for your time to stay in this forum to help despite not being in NZ

The winters sound perfect to me; the lows of -35C every winter where I live are getting harder to handle as I get older.

I came to Christchurch last January from a tropical country. The first day I arrived I had to put on a jacket as it was 22c which is considered a winter in my country. I had to sleep with a heater turned on until around September even I live in a double glazed house. Fell unsure if I's able to live in the cold country like this. But thing changed since then, after passed one winter I feel myself a bit tougher. I went to beaches in spring which was around 15c and even got into the water every weekend last summer. I no longer wear jacket in summer and fell burning hot on some days. I also have never turned the heater on since last September even it's going into a winter next week. I know it might be another story if I moved to Canada but, in other hand, I'm surprised by the way human adapts to the climate in merely a year .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123