Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Essential Work Visa Expiring

Default Essential Work Visa Expiring

Hi,

I have lodged my residence application under SMC. I received PPI letter but I submitted the PPI response to the CO yesterday.

My essential skills visa is going to expire on 10/03/2020. The main problem is now my employer doesn't want to renew my visa. He gave me explanation due to some business issues, he needs to reduce the staff. My employer said me immigration will take decision before my visa expires and my LIA suggest me to renew the visa and if I don't have any valid visa, my residence application going to be on hold.

My wife has a job offer but she cannot able to sponsor me due to her job falls under skill level 4. Please suggest me how can we both get a stay in New Zealand.

My wife will apply her visa Or should I go on visitor visa after 10/03/20 if immigration won't take my residency decision or should I leave the country and wait for the decision and inform CO that I am leaving the country ( but i need solid reason to explain why I am leaving country ) as I have read on the link below:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/know...-question-1049

Please help me to get rid out from this situation.

Can you find another job with the same title?

I tried, but not easy to find out so early

do you still have enough points to change your application as 'without job offer' 160 points ?

Yes. What will the process without job offer?
    I am confused for that.

Quote Originally Posted by princearora View Post
    Yes. What will the process without job offer?
    I am confused for that.
    i know if smc applicant change job they can still be process but on a new job.
    so if you dont have a job maybe you can inform CO of your current status and assess whether you are still elligible

You are in a serious situation where you face having your residence application declined because you don't have skilled employment any longer, and you will lose the money you've spent on INZ fees and your LIA. You state that you have an LIA, so why you are not discussing your options with them and seeing what they recommend? Have they explained to you whether you can still go ahead with 160 points without a job offer?

How many points would your application under SMC have, WITHOUT any for the skilled job?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    How many points would your application under SMC have, WITHOUT any for the skilled job?
    160 includes my wife's qualification points

Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth View Post
    You are in a serious situation where you face having your residence application declined because you don't have skilled employment any longer, and you will lose the money you've spent on INZ fees and your LIA. You state that you have an LIA, so why you are not discussing your options with them and seeing what they recommend? Have they explained to you whether you can still go ahead with 160 points without a job offer?
    My LIA recommending me to get the job offer. My LIA does not explain me whether I can still go ahead with 160 points without a job offer. The biggest problem is if CO does not take a final decision before my visa expires, how can I get stay in New Zealand?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast