Thread: Culturally Arranged Marriage Visa

Default Culturally Arranged Marriage Visa

Hi,

Can someone let me know how long does it take for the processing of a spouse visa i.e. spouse of a Permanent Resident applicant?

Thanks

I'm sorry, but no. Timings mentioned by INZ, either on pages on their website, or by an INZ employee, are only ever their best guess based on recent averages, never a promise.

INZ has severe backlogs at the moment, because of a botched reorganization and problems with the SMC category, and these are spilling over to affect work on other kinds of visa, so everything which used to be relatively predictable, now isn't.

Is there anyone who has recently gone through this procedure, who can share what happened for them? Although you need to bear in mind that every case is processed individually, with the evidence involved being checked out in detail, so what happened to someone else is no sure guide to what will happen to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post

Is there anyone who has recently gone through this procedure, who can share what happened for them? Although you need to bear in mind that every case is processed individually, with the evidence involved being checked out in detail, so what happened to someone else is no sure guide to what will happen to you.
    A spouse of a permanent resident who applied in May 2019 got residency approved a week back.