Thread: New Chest X-Ray for student visa extension

Default New Chest X-Ray for student visa extension

Hi friends,

Need one information. My daughter applied for the extension of her student visa and case officer has asked for fresh x-ray as previous medical is more than 36 months old. My daughter arrived in New Zealand in September 2017 and since than she is continuously living here in New Zealand , still fresh x-ray is required?

Thank in advance for the help.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#46507.htm
    Notice particularly the following.
    Applicants for a temporary entry class visa do not ordinarily need to provide a Medical Certificate and a Chest X-ray Certificate if:

they have provided a Medical Certificate and a Chest X-ray Certificate with an earlier visa application; and
    they were assessed as having an acceptable standard of health based on those certificates; and
    those certificates were issued less than 36 months prior to the current application.
    (my bolding)
    Also...
    Despite (c), (d)(i),(ii), and (f)(iii) above, an immigration officer may require a Medical Certificate and a Chest X-ray Certificate if they consider this is necessary to establish whether the applicant has an acceptable standard of health.
    So, yes, to require a new X-ray when the previous one is more than 36 months old is normal practice, and even if it wasn't older, INZ can require a new one anyway.

Thx JandM for the clarification. I appreciate that.