Thread: Health Assessment Team - processing time?

Default Health Assessment Team - processing time?

The last time I applied for partner of worker visitor visa for my husband it was declined due to non sufficient evidence to show it was stable and genuine. So the medicals were not assessed then. After getting advise from the INZ I then applied for general visitor with all details of our marriage and the few weeks we had together. Is processed in India. Got a CO assigned on 24 Feb, the CO asked some questions about my husband's time in UAE on 11th March. No news after that, and today when I called up immigration, they told me that its with the health assessment team. He was recently diagnosed of diabetes, and so it was high as 14. For the previous application, inz asked for more information and the doctor after seeing the repeat blood test gave a report that his condition is getting better. We didn't do a medical this time as we applied for general visitor but mentioned in the cover letter that we can do one if required (as advised by an INZ service agent). We just uploaded the doctor's report from previous time in "other information INZ requested" in previous medical application. It's with the HAT now. How long should I wait on an average to hear back from them?

The timing varies, partly with how busy the department is, and partly because every case is considered individually. Nobody has recently mentioned on the forum about their medicals being checked. Has anybody out there any experience to share?

I had previously asked if diabetes was an issue
    https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56122
    This time we only submitted chest X-ray, the medical from previous application expired because it was not processed in 3 months. Will the HAT assess all chest X-ray and medical, regardless if they are normal or not? Because my husband s X-ray came out clean

I don't know. The way that HAT and the MAs work is not described in anything publicly available (like the Operational Manual is, for INZ). That means that nobody can definitely predict for you what is going to be done with your husband's information.