Thread: Work Experience Calculation!!

Default Work Experience Calculation!!

Hi All,

I completed my BSC in IT degree in Dec 2007 and employed as a software engineer in the same month. I have been promoted to senior and lead software engineer roles in 2012 and 2015. In June 2017 I am promoted as the support manager for the same software engineer team I was in. My duties include both lead level and software engineering work. So ideally it should be considered as a software engineer team lead.

I am planning to apply for SMC visa for New Zealand. I hope the work experience I gather as a support manager will be considered as a lead level software engineering experience as well.

I need a confirmation on this because if is it not considered, my work experience as a software engineer will be 9.5 years if the support manager experience is NOT considered. If it is considered, I have more than 10 years’ experience.

I did an ACS skill assessment few months back and ACS did consider all these experience as ‘Software Engineer’ experience.

Any thoughts will be highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in Advance!

I think it will count. Job TITLES are not as relevant in such matters as the description of your responsibilities (officially from your employer(s)), and their relevance to the skilled job you are putting forward in your application.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I think it will count. Job TITLES are not as relevant in such matters as the description of your responsibilities (officially from your employer(s)), and their relevance to the skilled job you are putting forward in your application.
    Thanks a lot