Thread: New IQA Process

Default New IQA Process

Dear All,

I have a MSC in computer science and 2 BSC in IT degrees to get evaluated. I created a IQA application today for the MSC. As per the new system, we can only include one qualification per application. But in the NZQA web site it says we can submit 2 more IQAs free of charge if we are submitting them withing 48 hours form the first.

I tried the second one but it ask me to pay another $445. Have anyone experienced this? I sent the question to NZQA as well.

Any help is highly appreciated.

I haven't seen anyone mention this on the forum. I think you will have to wait for NZQA's own response in order to clear this up. Please let us know what you find out, as that will help other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Dear All,

I have a MSC in computer science and 2 BSC in IT degrees to get evaluated. I created a IQA application today for the MSC. As per the new system, we can only include one qualification per application. But in the NZQA web site it says we can submit 2 more IQAs free of charge if we are submitting them withing 48 hours form the first.

I tried the second one but it ask me to pay another $445. Have anyone experienced this? I sent the question to NZQA as well.

Any help is highly appreciated.
    Yes, I think its right, Please check the fees as below as per new rules that the two additional IQAs free of charge for only Teaching Assessment Category, If I am right. but not sure please check below once, If i am wrong please correct

Cost: NZ$445
    Note: There is an additional cost of NZ$275 for qualifications completed prior to 1998.

Add-On Assessments
    The following add-on assessments are available (at an additional cost) depending on the purpose for an IQA:

• Skill Shortage List Assessment Add-On: NZ$165
    • Teaching Assessment Add-On: NZ$301 (after you submit an
    IQA, you will be able to submit two additional IQAs free of charge within 48 hours for other qualifications you hold)

Add-on assessments can be added to your application up to 12 months after completion of our IQA.

https://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificati...ssessment-iqa/

Thanks Astra! Yes this is what i noted as well. But when i am trying to do the second IQA, it still direct me to the payment page

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Thanks Astra! Yes this is what i noted as well. But when i am trying to do the second IQA, it still direct me to the payment page
    Dear Bugs! have you are applying under Teaching Assessment? I think is option is for Teaching Assessment only not for LTSSL occupation

Teaching Assessment Add-On: NZ$301 (after you submit an
    IQA, you will be able to submit two additional IQAs free of charge within 48 hours for other qualifications you hold)