Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: INZ is making changes to how we prioritise some resident visa applications

Quote Originally Posted by VedSaumya View Post
    I got a friend who started two months earlier than me. We are paid almost at equal level, but as he is in a work to residence visa, he applied in January 2020 and got case officer in a week. I applied in March 2019 and still waiting case officer. Prior to this, I invested almost $34k in NZ just for university fees, he started fresh straight from his country.

When the process is a mess, its alright being selfish.
    We are in the right place, in the wrong time.

Had you applied in the first half of 2018, it would only have taken 6 or 7 months. And leading up to elections, I don't think it will get any better.

so once you're in the priority queue, expect your application done within 2months time huh.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    None I'm afraid - Interim visas only apply if you hold a temporary category visa and apply for another temporary category visa. When holding a temporary category visa and applying for a Resident category visa, you are obligated to keep your temporary visa valid at all times until your Residence application is finalised.
    Hi ERIN

Thanks for your reply.
    So after 2 years on RFW talent visa if I apply for my residence and dont get it in 6 months , will I have to leave country? If I have to do so my job will be gone which is the very reson of my visa. Will this mean my residence appplication will be scrapped?

Quote Originally Posted by VedSaumya View Post
    I got a friend who started two months earlier than me. We are paid almost at equal level, but as he is in a work to residence visa, he applied in January 2020 and got case officer in a week. I applied in March 2019 and still waiting case officer. Prior to this, I invested almost $34k in NZ just for university fees, he started fresh straight from his country.

When the process is a mess, its alright being selfish.
    Hi VedSaumya,

Can you please confirm if there might be another reason your friend was given priority as I'm also on a WTR visa and waiting since last year.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicPizza View Post
    The partnership queue is handled by a different team, in a different location (Hamilton). The queue for partnership hasn't stopped. It may have slowed a bit, but over the past year, people on this forum have received CO's and approvals for partnership residence whereas SMC stopped completely for people who didn't meet the internal criteria. Partnership should be unaffected by any changes to SMC.
    Ahh, okay. Thank you MagicPizza

Quote Originally Posted by squishmaster View Post
    Hi ERIN

Thanks for your reply.
    So after 2 years on RFW talent visa if I apply for my residence and dont get it in 6 months , will I have to leave country? If I have to do so my job will be gone which is the very reson of my visa. Will this mean my residence appplication will be scrapped?
    If you're on a Talent (Accredited Employer) work visa and have applied for Residence, there is an allowance in instructions at WR1.10.1 for getting a subsequent Talent (Accredited Employer) work visa to cover the period while a decision is being made on your Residence application. There's no specific instructions about getting another LTSSL work visa, but I expect if you still meet the LTSSL requirements, there's nothing preventing you applying for a new one if you're waiting for a Residence decision.

If you've applied for Residence under SMC, there's a provision in instructions at WK3.20.10 to apply for a 1 year Essential Skills work visa to cover you while a decision is being made on your SMC application - and there's no need for your employer to try and find a NZer to fill your job under this special provision of instructions.

I spoke with Gill Bonnett, immigration reporter for Radio New Zealand, today - she is planning to do a news story about this announcement by INZ re: the priority criteria in the next week or so. I feel it's important to keep this issue in the media in an attempt to hold INZ accountable for what they have said about resuming allocations from the general queue.

EGoodhue,

Big round of applause for you! 👏👏👏

EGoodHue, Great effort and thanks much 👌👌👏👏

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    I spoke with Gill Bonnett, immigration reporter for Radio New Zealand, today - she is planning to do a news story about this announcement by INZ re: the priority criteria in the next week or so. I feel it's important to keep this issue in the media in an attempt to hold INZ accountable for what they have said about resuming allocations from the general queue.

I also missed a call from INZ's Manukau Operations Manager yesterday - he emailed to say he would like to discuss the announcement re: the priority criteria with me. Hoping to speak with him on Friday (as my work days are still fairly limited with a 6-month old baby).

Please be assured that I won't let this issue rest until I see that the queue is moving normally again and everyone is getting the service they deserve from INZ.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast