Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: INZ is making changes to how we prioritise some resident visa applications

Thanks for the update, Erin

Erin! If allocation resumes and the process is working as normal by the end of March how many applications should roughly have been allocated a CO??

Quote Originally Posted by claire22 View Post
    Erin! If allocation resumes and the process is working as normal by the end of March how many applications should roughly have been allocated a CO??
    Based on Yancos findings there's 400-700 talent visas being processed a month, it's hard to know how many of those will still meet the priority criteria and get looked at. Considering there's just shy of 700 SMC applications in the queue dated 11/12/18 to 31/1/19 (stats on another thread from a FOI request) hopefully in the next 6 weeks they should in theory have COs on most of those applications. What's unknown is if they've dropped their current talent visas cases back in to the queue or when they stopped assigning those applications to COs. If they will see through their cases it may take a bit longer to start the queue moving again.

Link to Yancos stats:
    https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56291&page=2&p=588328&highlight=# post588328

The approximate average number of RFW processed(approved & declined) per month recently is 500-600. By 31 Jan, there are around 23000 apps on hand(excluding 25% priority apps ), If all this resource is allocated to the normal queue, it will take 38 months to clear this backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by claire22 View Post
    Erin, Thanks for the update.

@calire22, My lodgement date is on 17/12/2018 and base on that we may also keep track the closure of co allocation date accordingly. I will call to INZ after two weeks. Let me update in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by junlong View Post
    The approximate average number of RFW processed(approved & declined) per month recently is 500-600. By 31 Jan, there are around 23000 apps on hand(excluding 25% priority apps ), If all this resource is allocated to the normal queue, it will take 38 months to clear this backlog.
    As far as I know, WTR is usually decided based on information that it was previously processed (when they approved work visa) - their condition requirement is to work 2 years in the same position. Therefore it will take less time than SMC processing. Just to work out number flows minimum will be 38 months as you've calculated (hopefully!!)

That's ridiculous if 38 months is gonna be a standard timeframe in the future. Why don't they raise the scores or other conditions if they just can't manage the workload. It's a bit true now that NZ wants to give people hope to make them come and then put them on hold to make contribution to tax and shortage of the workforce.

I think the biggest problem was happening becuz of restructuring of INZ and cutting branches not like they are saying it is becuz of large number of application submitted suddenly.
    I agree that it does not make sense they can't handle the application while they send 600 inviation fortnightly.

I really hope that once people like me start leaving the country (no dependents, healthy, highly skilled, job outside Auckland, paid in the 80k range) someone will wake up. My company has been advertising for a senior position for months and they can't find any kiwi's to fill the position as there have been no applicants with the necessary skill set/experience. While there have been a number of non-kiwi applicants who have these skills my company refuses to hire another immigrant as they have seen how stressful my dealings with INZ have been and they're looking for someone who can commit to a long term position and not just 2-3 years you can get on an ESV. So this has only resulted in my team having to take on more and more work as we can't get anyone suitable in!
    As I said in my previous posts, I am starting to look for opportunities elsewhere, and will certainly be leaving NZ if my SMC is not processed before my ESV runs out. I'm sick of not being able to bloody settle down anywhere, not buy land/property, not be able to do further training (international fees are just not feasible for me) and just feel at peace in a place I call home now. The stress and mental toll is just not worth it anymore. I'm buggered off and angry, and had I known this would be the case when I applied, I wouldn't have wasted my time & money.

Quote Originally Posted by mad_wild View Post
    I really hope that once people like me start leaving the country (no dependents, healthy, highly skilled, job outside Auckland, paid in the 80k range) someone will wake up. My company has been advertising for a senior position for months and they can't find any kiwi's to fill the position as there have been no applicants with the necessary skill set/experience. While there have been a number of non-kiwi applicants who have these skills my company refuses to hire another immigrant as they have seen how stressful my dealings with INZ have been and they're looking for someone who can commit to a long term position and not just 2-3 years you can get on an ESV. So this has only resulted in my team having to take on more and more work as we can't get anyone suitable in!
    As I said in my previous posts, I am starting to look for opportunities elsewhere, and will certainly be leaving NZ if my SMC is not processed before my ESV runs out. I'm sick of not being able to bloody settle down anywhere, not buy land/property, not be able to do further training (international fees are just not feasible for me) and just feel at peace in a place I call home now. The stress and mental toll is just not worth it anymore. I'm buggered off and angry, and had I known this would be the case when I applied, I wouldn't have wasted my time & money.
    Exactly the same here. Working in IT. Wish I knew about the internal priority criteria before lodging my application.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast