Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: INZ is making changes to how we prioritise some resident visa applications

Hello everyone.i just rang the immigration call centre and follow up my residency application. They said mine is on priority que but they don't know when it will be allocated with case officer. Still praying and hoping for the best to all of us.
    Residency submitted: december 19,2019
    Money deducted: January 9 2020

The priority queue is having applications lodged on 22 November 2019 allocated to CO's this week.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    The priority queue is having applications lodged on 22 November 2019 allocated to CO's this week.
    So at the moment for normal applications it takes 452 days to get a CO and for priority application it currently takes 111 days.

It will be interesting to see in the future if both queues will move forward at the same pace.

INZ customer service helpline yesterday informed me that it is taking 15 months to process visa from time to lodgement. When I challenged him that how can you claim that? more recently it has taken 15 months for just allocation and will you make a decision in one day? He got confused and then his another pre-cooked reply was to lodge my request by emailing employment escalation.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Is it bad o feel that this "accumulation of applications"(definitely not a backlog) is what actually lead to the overall change not the complete lack of attention for non priority applicants. They couldn't keep up with the priority queue so just removed a load of applications to keep up and they now look better as the non priority queue has the illusion of hope that we will finally get a turn.

Quote Originally Posted by deverett View Post
    "accumulation of applications"(definitely not a backlog)

Quote Originally Posted by deverett View Post
    They couldn't keep up with the priority queue...(definitely not a backlog)
    Exactly what I suspect as well (see this). They might have realized that the priority queue was ALSO getting unmanageable and just dumped few of the applications to non priority "stockpile/reservoir/inventory/pile-of-files-that-mus-not-be-named" (Surely not backlog).

in a nutshell INZ is not to be blamed at all. They doing whatever been instructed to them by the "coalition" government. Everyone knows why I am focusing on the word "coalition". Their election slogan was to cut "tens of thousands" of migrants. They could not do that in first two years, but now when they have drastically reduced the residencies in the election year, and when you also include this year and take the average, the data will automatically be skewed and would look like they have reduced tens of thousands of residencies. Ironically, the team issuing EOIs and lodging ITAs i.e. the team responsible for charding our credit cards do not seem to be overwhelmed with a huge backlog, however, SMC teams are very busy with the 15 months backlogs. Ops, sorry there is no backlog at all.

Quote Originally Posted by desilva View Post
    in a nutshell INZ is not to be blamed at all. They doing whatever been instructed to them by the "coalition" government. Everyone knows why I am focusing on the word "coalition". Their election slogan was to cut "tens of thousands" of migrants. They could not do that in first two years, but now when they have drastically reduced the residencies in the election year, and when you also include this year and take the average, the data will automatically be skewed and would look like they have reduced tens of thousands of residencies. Ironically, the team issuing EOIs and lodging ITAs i.e. the team responsible for charding our credit cards do not seem to be overwhelmed with a huge backlog, however, SMC teams are very busy with the 15 months backlogs. Ops, sorry there is no backlog at all.
    It's alright to cut the numbers, but at least be transparent about it and just don't take people's money and keep them hanging for years now.

Thank you for the update EGoodHue..

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011