Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LTSSL - work visa to residence visa

Default LTSSL - work visa to residence visa

Hi there,

I've got a 'Long Term Skill Shortage List - Work visa' at the moment. I've just seen online that they estimate it'll take 12 months to process my application for a 'Long Term Skill Shortage List - Residence visa', upon me completing the needed 24 months of work in my current LTSSL occupation.

Has anyone heard of anyone who has been through this Work-To-Residence process recently, and if it takes 12 months to get the LTSSL Residence visa?

I haven't had any experience with Residence from Work applications recently, but I understand that LTSSL RfW applications are in the same queue as SMC applications, which are currently taking 14 months+ to be allocated to an immigration officer.

Hi there,
    I am in the same situation. I'll be able to apply for my residency in April, 24 months +45k/year. But what should I do if my application is not processed within 6months? Would they gave me a temporary visa or should I apply for essential skills visa to make sure that I can carry on working and live legally in NZ...
    I was so close to it, what a disappointment....

Let me check with INZ about the ability to apply for another LTSSL work visa if INZ don't process your Residence from Work application within the 6 months you have available after you are eligible for Residence - I'll post here when I hear back from them.

Thank you very much. Looking forward for your answer as I'm really worried...

Yes, you can apply for another one. See WR1.10.1 here: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#34540.htm

INZ have confirmed that you can apply for another LTSSL work visa if you have applied for Residence from Work on the basis of your LTSSL work visa and INZ have not finalised your Residence application by the time your work visa expires.

Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth View Post
    Yes, you can apply for another one. See WR1.10.1 here: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#34540.htm
    WR1.10.1 relates to getting a subsequent Talent (Accredited Employer) work visa but there is no similar instruction for WR3 LTSSL work visas. However, INZ have confirmed that it's possible to apply for a second LTSSL work visa.

This is about Talent visa not LTSSL..

Thank you EGoodhue, do you thing the best is LTSSL or just essential skills?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast