Thread: police certificate for New Zealand citizenship

Default police certificate for New Zealand citizenship

Do i need to provide “police certificate” from our country of origin when applying for New Zealand citizenship?

I can't see anything about a police certificate in the requirements.

https://www.govt.nz/browse/passports...onal-documents

It's not an absolute requirement, but the Department of Internal Affairs is entitled to request one should they believe it to be necessary.

From their Citizenship Guidance Document, here's their policy relating to good character:

Checks are undertaken with various external agencies to identify whether they hold any information detrimental to an applicant’s character.

These agencies include, but are not limited to:

• New Zealand Police (some convictions are assessed under section 9A of the Citizenship Act – see Convictions);
    • New Zealand Security Intelligence Service;
    • Ministry of Social Development;
    • Ministry of Justice;
    • Inland Revenue Department;
    • Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.

In addition, some applicants are required to supply clearances from overseas agencies or to provide other information.

Default Citizenship speeding fine

I have been told to courier my application instead of in person appointment. My question is I have about 2 speed camera and a few parking fines do I need to mention them somewhere or no?
    2. I have been caught by a police officer back in 2014 for speeding And I got a fine with 40 Demerit points where do I mention that I don’t see any question where I can mention that or may be I am reading the question wrong? Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Any traffic violation which was dealt with at the roadside, or by a fine which came through the post after a speed camera capture, is an infringement, not an offence. It's offences, i.e. convictions when you've had to go to court, which have to be declared on INZ forms. For the sake of showing full honesty, some people put 'paid infringements only', and give details of what they were caught doing. If you want to do similarly, you could put it in a covering letter. I know you're talking about citizenship, which isn't under INZ, but I should think the same could be done.