Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Maybe EGoodhue, who was formerly an INZ CO, will be able to give an answer, or find out and let us know.

It's probably better not to imagine scenarios beforehand. People finding a thread when they are anxious anyway tend to take assumptions and guesses as facts. As yet, we don't know. Maybe, even at INZ, decisions are yet to be taken.

If they don't have digital copies of our documents and Manukau closes they can't see them to actually process them. That will be every residency application including the priority ones.

I'd think online applications may be able to continue as they could remotely access the documents.

INZ offices are secure - meaning that authorised swipe-card access is required to get behind closed doors, given the private nature of the information held in the office (both on computers and paper files). So an IO would never be permitted to take work home with them - it's a major breach of the code of conduct to take one single piece of paper related to an application outside of the secure office. The implications of someone's personal details contained within a visa application going missing or falling into the wrong hands are huge.

As far as I can tell from my dealings with INZ this week, it's business as usual in the NZ offices. Beijing and Manila are still closed, but onshore INZ offices are dealing with their workloads and everything appears to be operating much as it was a few weeks ago, before this situation started evolving on a daily basis.

INZ are pretty good at giving LIA's updates when changes in how they do their work happen (given that our livelihoods rely on how they are operating), and we haven't received any re: impacts of Covid-19 so far - other than the notification of Beijing and Manila offices being closed. I'll be sure to post if I get any relevant updates from INZ.

Please advise. I have recieved JSV visa on March 10th 2020. I am planning to travel New Zealand. Even I am ready to self isolate. After that shall I get jobs in New Zealand. How is the market with Covid effect. I am in confusion. I do not how many months this will impact. If it stops me completely here, my visa is of no use. What to do. Your experience and advice help me alot.

Based on today's announcement you probably cannot come: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...e-inz-response

I'm sorry--it's terrible news for you.

Following on from today's announcement, a question on my partners and I situation:
    I'm in NZ on a Work Visa, (1 month away from applying for PR...) my partner is currently out of the country on a holiday (bad timing!)

Can they return as they meet the below criteria? I just can't fully understand the criteria as it is very badly written:
    "The holder of a visitor visa who is the partner of dependent of a temporary work or student visa holder and who normally lives in New Zaland and is currently in New Zealand"
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...e-inz-response

I see it as they hold a work visa themselves (above a visitor visa?) and they are my partner and I am currently in NZ and normally live here (just under 3 years continuous now)
    But understand this is case by case basis, INZ are about to get even more stupidly busy I feel...

Would be some good news if so!
    Last edited by tigerstyle; 19th March 2020 at 08:19 PM.

Your partner's case is not specifically mentioned, so you'll have to argue your case. Nobody here can say what INZ will decide, because these are brand new rules and there are no precedents.

If companies have to close temporarily but keep your jobs for when they reopen will residency still be safe?!

A question I have after yesterday's border closure: I have a Long Term Skill Shortage List work-to-residency visa. Inz says foreign 'health and other essential workers' are exempt from the border closures. Does anyone know if my visa falls under this 'essential workers' group?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerstyle View Post
    Following on from today's announcement, a question on my partners and I situation:
    I'm in NZ on a Work Visa, (1 month away from applying for PR...) my partner is currently out of the country on a holiday (bad timing!)

Can they return as they meet the below criteria? I just can't fully understand the criteria as it is very badly written:
    "The holder of a visitor visa who is the partner of dependent of a temporary work or student visa holder and who normally lives in New Zaland and is currently in New Zealand"
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...e-inz-response

I see it as they hold a work visa themselves (above a visitor visa?) and they are my partner and I am currently in NZ and normally live here (just under 3 years continuous now)
    But understand this is case by case basis, INZ are about to get even more stupidly busy I feel...

Would be some good news if so!
    I've just received the Amendment Circular from INZ and it seems like you could apply to INZ for an exception to the travel restriction for your partner:

An exception to the travel restrictions can be requested on a case-by-case basis for:
     Humanitarian reasons
     Essential health workers, as confirmed by the Ministry of Health
     Other essential workers, as defined by the New Zealand Government
     Citizens of Samoa and Tonga, for essential travel to New Zealand
     Partners and dependants of temporary work or student visa holders who normally live in New Zealand where the temporary work or student visa holder is currently in New Zealand

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast