Thread: Wife with young daughter stranded in overseas

Default Wife with young daughter stranded in overseas

Hi friends,
    We are in a terrible situation. My wife along with our 6 years old daughter had gone to conduct research / interviews related to her PhD which was officially allowed by her university. She was to travel back on 7th April but keeping in view growing concerns, she got her tickets changed to earliest available flight, and that was to depart on 21 March , just 2 days from now . And today borders are closed....
    Our situation is :-
    - She is on student visa , last year of her PhD. Living in NZ continuously since Sep 2017.
    - Our 2 children and I are here in NZ and she along with our daughter now in overseas.
    - She has air tickets , e boarding passes ( she checked in online early today) but won’t be able to board flight because she is on student visa.
    - Our residency application (I am principal applicant) is in queue since July 2019 and decision awaited.
    - Her PhD supervisor has written emails to head of department to take up case with INZ for her return.
    - No one knows how long this boarder closure ll remain in place and how would she manage with 6 years old little daughter!

My wife has written email to INZ today and has requested for a permission to enter in NZ , don’t know if she gets any response or not
    We are in such a painful situation, can any one especially EGoodhue and JandM suggest some way out?

Thanks in advance!

Sympathy for you and your family. ((()))

Nobody here can say what INZ will decide, because these are brand new rules, and there are no precedents. Obviously, your wife and her university are doing everything possible to argue her case with the authorities. Wishing you all the very best that they will allow her to return.

It is unlikely that you will be successful as the border rules are very strict

Understandably you will not be the only family in this situation and INZ will want to adhere as strictly as they can to the border situation to ensure that the virus is not let in through any of their decisions.

I would recommend making your case to Immigration New Zealand with the support of the relevant parties (The university), however, I don't know how successful this will be.

Thank you all, ultimately I made it, trust me it took tones of energy to make it successful. Thx to my high commissioner who stood firm beside me... my wife and daughter are flying tonight as per their scheduled flight.,I am so excited to see my family coming back❣️❣️

Oh, this is EXCELLENT news, and a victory for common sense. I'm so pleased for you.

Thx a lot JandM. I owe you all a good treat 😄😄

Hi Tarig,

I just sent a private message to you earlier this morning. A friend of mine, he is now in a similar situation and cant post in the forum. His wife is currently in NZ but his 4yo son and himself are outside of NZ after border closure. He has tried his best contacting INZ, his employer but still no hope Would you mind giving me your email address or fb so that he can ask you directly? Thanks heaps!
    Last edited by Dave in NZ; 26th March 2020 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Removed emali to comply with rule 10

Hi Boco08
    To comply with the rules of this forum I have had to remove the email address you had put here. You say you have already sent a PM so would think you have given it there, If not please send this via pm. Thank you for understanding.

https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40236

Quote Originally Posted by Boco08 View Post
    Hi Tarig,

I just sent a private message to you earlier this morning. A friend of mine, he is now in a similar situation and cant post in the forum. His wife is currently in NZ but his 4yo son and himself are outside of NZ after border closure. He has tried his best contacting INZ, his employer but still no hope Would you mind giving me your email address or fb so that he can ask you directly? Thanks heaps!
    Hi there,
    Check your inbox , please