Thread: Mumbai branch temporarily closed?

Default Mumbai branch temporarily closed?

When my husband's visa application finally got allocated to a case office, I'm reading that the Mumbai processing branch is temporarily closed.
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...e-inz-response

Yes.

Hi JandM, so the last my husband's CO said was to upload a doctor's report to the previous emedical no. This medical was not assessed as the visa was declined and it expired. But the CO told us to upload it to that medical no. When we contacted INZ through phone to request them to open it, because the Medical Center told us it had to be requested to be open, they said that since it expired that can't open it. But today we got an email from medical requesting us for extra information for the previous medical. How do we clarify what to do, with the Mumbai branch being closed. The email from our CO and medical told us to upload to prev medical, but INZ told they can't do that. For this application, we only submitted chest X-ray.

I think that it is unlikely that your case will be progressed in the near future. The border requirements are strict and being enforced on all non resident visa holders unless they meet the special circumstances.

I would guess that INZ will turn their attention and processing power to clients who are currently onshore, as there is a chance the onshore offices could close (like any business in NZ) if the virus is not controlled

I would recommend trying to talk to someone at the call centre, but keep in mind there are likely long delays as everyone will want to know what is happening to them right now.

It looks as though, with no way to reach the CO, your only way to approach INZ is to phone in. Your issues are not ones that can be dealt with by the telephone answerers, who are not trained case-workers. If you ask to be put through to a supervisor, you MAY get someone who can find some information about the present situation.