Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Culturally arranged marriage visitor visa

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    auckland
    Posts
    50

    Default Culturally arranged marriage visitor visa

    Hi all,

    my wife got her partnership visitor visa approved last week for 3 months.

    can she enter NZ ??

    please reply

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Kelerei posted this previously...

    Entry will only be granted to:

    - New Zealand citizens
    - Holders of a Permanent Resident Visa
    - Holders of a Resident Visa granted onshore
    - Holders of a Resident Visa granted offshore, where the holder is arriving in - New Zealand for a second or subsequent time as the holder of a Resident Visa
    - The partner, legal guardian or any dependent children who are travelling with a person described above
    - Australian citizens or a person who holds a current permanent residence visa (including a resident return visa) issued by the Government of Australia, where New Zealand is their primary place of established residence


    Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis by Immigration New Zealand for:

    - humanitarian reasons
    - health and other essential workers
    - citizens of Samoa and Tonga for essential travel to New Zealand
    - the holder of a Visitor Visa who is the partner of dependent of a temporary work or student visa holder and who normally lives in New Zealand and is currently in New Zealand.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    36,892

    Default

    And that means that she won't automatically be allowed to enter. You would have to ask INZ if an exception can be made for her.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    auckland
    Posts
    50

    Default

    i am NZ permanent residence. do i need to ask as well ?
    or just work or student visa holders ??

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    36,892

    Default

    Ah, are you overseas with her? This would make a difference.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Yes as the requirement for her is to be travelling with you as Magic Pizza's says:

    - The partner, legal guardian or any dependent children who are travelling with a person described above

    Also, even if you risked your own health to leave and travel with her, entry to NZ for anyone not travelling on a NZ passport is currently difficult from media reoorts so you may not be allowed back into NZ either despite what the government has said in announcements (see the stuff article below):

    https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/healt...n-for-partners

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Blenheim
    Posts
    1,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hab View Post
    Yes as the requirement for her is to be travelling with you as Magic Pizza's says:

    - The partner, legal guardian or any dependent children who are travelling with a person described above

    Also, even if you risked your own health to leave and travel with her, entry to NZ for anyone not travelling on a NZ passport is currently difficult from media reoorts so you may not be allowed back into NZ either despite what the government has said in announcements (see the stuff article below):

    https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/healt...n-for-partners
    As far as I read that article that couple is Australian....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newarrival View Post
    As far as I read that article that couple is Australian....
    It says the guy is a NZ citizen and his partner is an Australian.

    Sounds like it might be a bit of hearsay but also that:

    Murray and Prunster said they were not the only ones prevented from getting on board the flight - an older married couple was also unable to board because one was travelling on an Australian passport; and two workers who normally resided in New Zealand were also stopped.
    Last edited by hab; 21st March 2020 at 11:19 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    36,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Ah, are you overseas with her? This would make a difference.
    This is the important question for THIS poster's situation. Remember, what happens to someone else does not necessarily apply to others. All immigration cases are looked at individually.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    auckland
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Hi Jandm am in NZ at this stage, permanent resident from last 6 years. she got 3 months culturally arranged marriage visitor visa on 14th march.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •