Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMC processing during virus measures

Cool SMC processing during virus measures

We sent all our supplemental information off today, they haven't asked for it but we figured why not send a load of extra information anyway. To be honest we aren't envisaging this going anywhere anytime soon with all that's now going on in the world but at least we got it off before the lockdown kicked in. We hopefully have enough visa left to ride this whole thing out and not need to get another essential skills. I'm optimistic my job will be retained throughout as my companies revenue will actually likely increase from all this chaos.

I wonder if INZ Manukau will be closed the next 4 weeks? Are they an essential business?

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    I wonder if INZ Manukau will be closed the next 4 weeks? Are they an essential business?
    I believe only INZ's border operations at the airports are considered to be essential. I can't be sure as I haven't checked the government website yet, but I expect the visa processing offices will be closed during lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    I believe only INZ's border operations at the airports are considered to be essential. I can't be sure as I haven't checked the government website yet, but I expect the visa processing offices will be closed during lockdown.
    It just says INZ with no particular element of their operation listed. I presume they'd have to do some processing as they are still telling everyone to apply for a new visa if there's is expiring.

Does anyone know why there is no information about selected applications on 18 March? or when is the next round?

Quote Originally Posted by ML2 View Post
    Does anyone know why there is no information about selected applications on 18 March? or when is the next round?
    Considering the lockdown and mass redundancies ongoing I'm assuming they've stopped selecting from the pool until this dies down. Even if they select you there's no way you'll get your documentation and be able to apply very quickly so it's in everyone's interests they select no one and don't start the clock on those selected having to apply in a small window.

List of essential businesses

Border

Customs New Zealand, Immigration New Zealand and the Ministry for Primary Industries

Have just received confirmation from INZ that visa processing will cease after today during the lockdown. Only border operations and the contact centre will continue during lockdown.

Have just received confirmation from INZ that visa processing will cease after today during the lockdown. Only border operations and the contact centre will continue during lockdown.
    Thank you for the update, Erin

Understandable but this brings my anxiety to a whole new level. :-(

Will need to start looking how to remain legally in NZ when our visas run out later this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast